Space preset/play mode question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space preset/play mode question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      robes

I have a simple question about my Space pedal.  From what I understand the pedal is in play mode when the first 12 presets are activated, and after that it turns into preset mode? is this correct?

Basically I want to the middle and right footswitch to be able to scroll through the presets but I cannot get the pedal to do this when using presets 13 and higher.

Am I missing something? Do I have to set the pedal to "preset" mode somehow in order to be able to use the footswitches to toggle through the presets?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi robes,

Yes, you have to be in Preset Mode to use the footswitches to scroll through the presets.  The Preset/Play Mode only refers to the functionality of the footswitches and does not depend on what preset or group of presets you are currently on.  The way to toggle b/t the Preset or Play mode is to PRESS AND HOLD the right footswitch (you can also do this via MIDI, or with an AUX switch). 

In Preset Mode the middle and right footswitches scroll down and up, respectively,  through the presets, and the left footswitch loads a new preset or does active/bypass.  In Play Mode, the left footswitch does active/bypass, the middle footswitch is the programmable HotSwitch, and the right footswitch is Tap Tempo. 

We highlight the first 12 presets because they contain (by name) the algorithms (signal processing constructs) in the box.  Every other preset in Space is built from one of these first 12.  But again, they don't have anything to do with Preset or Play mode, which only applies to footswitch operation. 

Best,

Russ 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.