false

EN-US
      X-NONE
      X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

The issue is that a program change is always invoked even
      when the preset is already selected.

If I have mapped the RCV MAP to use preset #1 on Prg No. 1-4,
      I don’t expect the preset to be reloaded each time I select programs 1 through 4.
      It is very annoying because of the lag when changing presets and in this case I’m
      not even asking it to change the preset!

< begin lunatic rant>

If I’m on program No. 1 and switch to program No. 3 and both
      are mapped to the same preset, DON’T change the preset! How hard can that be
      for the developers to accomplish?

Now when I change from program No. 1 to program No. 5 and 5
      is mapped to preset # 11, sure, change it, let the annoying gap/swell/glitch
      ring so the world can hear it…I don’t care. But please only allow me to suffer
      this if I really want the preset to be changed!

< end lunatic rant>

If this request has already been addressed I apologies in
      advance.

Thanks you for your time.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

hmmm, I understand what you are saying, BUT…

what if you have changed something with the expression pedal or turned knobs and you want to get back to the saved version of this??

Personally I use Space and other things like this, so unfortunately your suggestion would not work for me.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi MarcoR,

Are using Spillover at all? Spillover should help with the gap at least.  You can turn it on in the system mode utility submenu.

MarcoR
      Participant

Normal

false
      false
      false

EN-US
      X-NONE
      X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

You make a very good point but consider this; parameter changes set on
      the hotswitch don’t cause a noticeable glitch when toggled…so, the logic would
      go something like this.

IF current preset = prog. change preset THEN reset saved parameters
      ELSE load new preset

And if they wanted to be really slick, they would allow you to
      configure the program change behavior and maybe even include a setting that would
      allow you to choose whether the parameters should be reset or not if you’re
      already on the mapped preset the program change is requesting.

MarcoR
      Participant

Hi Russell, yes I am using spillover.

quintessence

+1 on this for sure!!! 
      While I love a lot of the more impressive "special effects" algorithms the Space has to offer, the lion's share of the time I use it for an only-notice-it-when-it's-gone Hall reverb… which it's fabulous at BTW

I have to agree that it's *very* annoying that it reloads the same preset it's *already on* when given that MIDI command again. The majority of my "work horse" sounds use this one particular preset and I can't *not* have my MIDI controller fire that command on every change because of the times that I *do* use something like the Shimmer or what have you.  
      Certainly, spillover helps a bit… and at least in my situation the effect I'm using is subtle enough that it's not quite as obvious. Still, it would be a huge improvement if it just knew to stay put when it's already in the right place.

MarcoR
      Participant

Quintessence:

+1 on this for sure!!! 
      While I love a lot of the more impressive "special effects" algorithms the Space has to offer, the lion's share of the time I use it for an only-notice-it-when-it's-gone Hall reverb… which it's fabulous at BTW

I have to agree that it's *very* annoying that it reloads the same preset it's *already on* when given that MIDI command again. The majority of my "work horse" sounds use this one particular preset and I can't *not* have my MIDI controller fire that command on every change because of the times that I *do* use something like the Shimmer or what have you.  
      Certainly, spillover helps a bit… and at least in my situation the effect I'm using is subtle enough that it's not quite as obvious. Still, it would be a huge improvement if it just knew to stay put when it's already in the right place.

Thank you for supporting this idea! I'm really surprised there aren't more complaints about the program change behavior.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.