Space-Repeat/Hold Function

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space-Repeat/Hold Function

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sjoplin

can someone confirm if  Space has a repeat/hold function?  I thought I saw that mentioned on a NAMM video but haven't seen it documented anywhere.

thanks,

sean

timothyhill

Space does not have a "hold" function, per se. It does, though, have "infinite" decay on several algorithms. It also has a "hot" switch that can be used during performance to toggle between 2 user-definable settings on any combination of 1 or more knobs. This can be setup to act exactly like a "hold" function, but it's much more flexible. Adding either an expression pedal or a set a auxillary switches greatly expands this functionality, as the expression pedal can be used to modify any combination of 1 or more knobs in real time, and an auxillary switch can be used to also toggle between the maximum and minimum values of the expression pedal.

The Space is one of the most flexible pedals I've even seen, especially when adding MIDI control. But what makes it so good is the sound quality. 12 algorithms each with 10 parameters that can be controlled in any combination between any values in real-time using the "hot" switch, aux switches, and/or an expression pedal, all stored in 100 presets, all available all the time. It sounds incredible and it's really easy to use.

Just FYI, the user manual is available for download. It does a good job of detailing its capabilities.

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/Space.aspx

sjoplin

Tim,

thanks for the feedback, bottom line sounds like I can get the desired effect I'm looking for.  I currently use the RPT function on the TF quite a bit to lay down a quick pad effect, then play over top of it.  I've kept another delay in my setup so i can have some delay on the part that plays over the RPT signal.  So i'm looking to make sure I can do the pad type effect with Space, then use the TF to provide the delay on the lead lines……hope that al makes sense.

it will allow me to remove a delay i've had in the system for a while.  I have the TF and PF so I'm sold on the sound quality of the Eventide boxes.

thanks again,

sean

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.