Space Reverb: Tap Tempo in Spring Mode

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space Reverb: Tap Tempo in Spring Mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sitarzanmann
      Participant

On the space reverb, when spring mode has tap tempo activated….is it possible to make the decay knob respond to time incrememts, instead of subdevisions?  I’d like to use tap tempo in spring mode to set the tremolo speed *only*.  

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried to do an extensive search and couldn’t find anything that answered my question.  Thanks!

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      sitarzanmann wrote:

On the space reverb, when spring mode has tap tempo activated….is it possible to make the decay knob respond to time incrememts, instead of subdevisions?  I'd like to use tap tempo in spring mode to set the tremolo speed *only*.  

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried to do an extensive search and couldn't find anything that answered my question.  Thanks!

Unfortunately, for your case, the Spring Reverb always seems to respond to tap tempo both with Tempo Mode ON and OFF.  I don't believe there is a way to set the tremolo speed only.  Of course, if you only want to use the tremolo, you can turn the reverb out by turning the MIx all the way down.  

sitarzanmann
        Participant
        wedelich wrote:

Unfortunately, for your case, the Spring Reverb always seems to respond to tap tempo both with Tempo Mode ON and OFF.  I don’t believe there is a way to set the tremolo speed only.  Of course, if you only want to use the tremolo, you can turn the reverb out by turning the MIx all the way down.  

That’s what I figured.  I kind of found my own way around the timing issue by maxing out the decay time at 10bars [or whatever the max value is].  This decay time is long enough that when the tempo is changed, the decay is still long enough to sound pretty close to my old Super Reverb’s reverb tank.  

I also wanted to use tap tempo just to effect tremelo speed, leaving reverb decay alone. It seems to me that more flexibility in this area would be great. Say if you were to hold down the tap button on the control app for a second, and then select which parameters are controlled by tempo and which are standard values?

sitarzanmann
        Participant
        I also wanted to use tap tempo just to effect tremelo speed, leaving reverb decay alone. It seems to me that more flexibility in this area would be great. Say if you were to hold down the tap button on the control app for a second, and then select which parameters are controlled by tempo and which are standard values?

I love this idea.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.