SPACE update

Home Forums Products Stompboxes SPACE update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

It’s been a while since I’ve used my SPACE pedal, but I’m putting it back on my board.

I know there are updates for this, but I forget/can’t find exactly how to do an update. The booklet isn’t helpful in that regard, so is there a page at Eventide that walks this dummy through the process? Any direction is appreciated.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/691/installers

But, as always, unless you NEED an update – don't bother. You will be happy with the SPACE as it is.

Updates are work, have a finite risk of problems, and require some re-learning.

Daniel
      Participant

Thanks, Nick.

I was actually looing for a step-by-step page for downloading and installing an update, but I was able to do that using the page you referenced.

The only reason I wanted to update is that it’s been a good while since my SPACE has been in regular usage. That’s about to change.

Is there a way to learn which is the latest update I’ve installed?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Daniel wrote:

Thanks, Nick.

I was actually looing for a step-by-step page for downloading and installing an update, but I was able to do that using the page you referenced.

The only reason I wanted to update is that it's been a good while since my SPACE has been in regular usage. That's about to change.

Is there a way to learn which is the latest update I've installed?

Updates usually have associated release notes which describe the changes.

But SPACE is a pretty mature product now, so maybe not.

Daniel
      Participant

Forgot.

The H9 was released subsequent to my purchase of the SPACE pedal.

Is there something I now need to know about updating via H9? I don’t have an H9, so I’m wondering if I’m missing something.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Daniel wrote:

Forgot.

The H9 was released subsequent to my purchase of the SPACE pedal.

Is there something I now need to know about updating via H9? I don't have an H9, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

H9 has a lot more (optional) algorithms and can be updated over Bluetooth. So, it's a bigger deal.

SPACE is a great reverb – if you want more you should consider H9.

H9 is also smaller and lighter.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.