SPACE Volume changes when switching presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes SPACE Volume changes when switching presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      fmanfredi76
      Participant

Hi,

I observed a strange behaviour of my Space pedal, and I would like to know if anyone noticed the same issue. When switching from one preset to another one via PC messages, there's a short lapse of time (the time the new preset requires to be loaded) during that the volume of dry signal is noticeably boosted. The boost is really loud and annoying, especially when the presets change occurs in a solo part. I read somewhere that some users have observed the same volume swell, but I open a new topic to focus the attention on this issue. I would like to know if it's a software bug, or a malfunction of my unit.

Thank you for the help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's been reported before, so it's not just you. See other posts for more information.

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Hi,

thank you for the quick reply. I read some other posts, but there's a little bit of confusion about this issue. I know that Space alghorithms need about a seconds to be loaded, but about the volume swells within the loading time there's no consensus. I also noticed that volume drop/boost is erratic (it depends often from the elapsed time from the last preset change). I hope that this bug will be fixed with the next software update.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi fmanfredi76,

The short of it is that as long as you have Spillover ON and don't switch b/t a sequence of 3 or more presets within about a 5 sec window the volume bump/swell should not occur.  We had an another forum post about this a while back.  There are more details there.  Does that cover you for most practical situations until we get a fix going for it in a future update?

-Russ

MarcoR
      Participant

Normal

false
      false
      false

EN-US
      X-NONE
      X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

There are 3 issues:

1.      1. 
      There is a volume boost when switching presets
      via midi PC.

2.      2. 
      If killdry is enabled, there is a phasing issue
      with the dry sound being added back in when the first issue occurs.

3. Midi program changes are always processed even
      if the preset is already selected. So that means you have to suffer the first two issues even
      when you’re not trying to change the preset.

We need an update for Space yesterday!

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Thank you Ross,

it's not a problem that I can't solve somehow, but I'm not sure to get the point: in some presets swells/drops occur even if the effect is engaged for the first time, or program change happens after the 5 seconds lapse of time which you refer (I have always SPILL ON, DSP+Effect bypass, stereo OUT). It seems to me that the issue is related to some algorithms or particular presets, but sincerely I've not been able to recognize a regularity in that. Maybe also I'm missing something!!

In any case, thank you for the support! We will wait next update.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi fmanfredi76,

Ok, so in the cases where you still have problems when you don't change presets within 5 secs, would you be willing to give us some specific information. 

1. What software version are you running (you should get the latest)

2. What preset(s) does this occur between?

3. Does it always predictably occur between these presets?

4. If they are your own custom presets, would you send us a dump or just tell us the settings?

Basically, we need to be able to duplicate the problem here on our end before we we can attempt to fix it.

Thanks

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Thank you,

there's a way to send you some clips via e-mail? So I can explain exactly what happens here…

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

send them to support@eventide.com with ATTN: Russell Wedelich in the subject line

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Ok I've received your email and sound files.  Give me a few days to check it all out. 

Thanks

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Hi,

news from the labs? Meanwhile I switched to a Wet/Dry rig: now I use the space in parallel killing the dry signal. All is working good in this configuration…

Regards

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.