Space won’t power on

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space won’t power on

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ninfeag

Hey,

My space failed to power on at rehearsal the other day. No lights, nothing… tested it at home, same problem.

Took it to the store where I bought the unit, plugged in, and everything worked…. Got home, used it home and rehearsals, then today, two weeks later, all of a sudden, no more power whatsoever…

Anybody an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This could be many things, but my guess would be a power supply. Try wiggling all parts of the power supply lead, especially where it plugs in to the unit. Look for changes in the leds.

If that fails, it will have to come in, but may take a while to fix, since the problem is not frequent.

ninfeag

It’s working again, unbelievable…

Last Monday it was working at rehearsal, last Thursday it was not working any more at rehearsal. I took it home and put it before the stove, heating the unit up a bit and tadaa, it’s working again…

Could it have to do with moisture of something? At rehearsal, the temperatures aren’t that low though and every other pedal or amp (and there are a lot, I assure you) all work like a charm…

Thx!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's going to fail again. Please see my last post.

Be sure to use the Eventide power supply – many others do not have the power.

ninfeag

Hey,

I’m using the stock power supply, but I’m gonna buy a new (spare) one from Thomann. They sell the Eventide power supply.

I’m going to take my chances for now though… We’re recording with the band and I have to use it next week since it’s an important part of my sound. If I bring it in now, no chance it’ll be back before then…

Thx for the response! 

stevie2300

Hi I’m interested to know if you resloved this. My Modfactor is doing xactly the same….

ninfeag

I sent it in for repair. Turnd out to be a malfunctioning power supply. Don’t know what caused it though… Works like a charm now.

stevie2300

Hi, thanks for the update! Yes it’s funny but my Modfactor was sitting on top of my amp and the other day when I powered up the pitchfactor came on but the MF was dead. Swapped the power supplies around – nothing! So I took the MF into the other room and opened it up, switch cleanered it and hey presto! it worked. So it stuck it all back together and off/on/off/on – AOK. stuck it back on top of the amp and gave it a day and switched back on – Oh no it’s died again. Anyway took it back into the other room and left for a day. switched on and working perfectly. Now I tried wiggling the power jack to see if I can replicate the fault. But it doesn’t matter, the unit stays happily on. there’s no evidence of a dry joint or a short.

So I concluded it’s maybe nothing to do with the unit, although at this stage that  is still a possibility. But I am in China so I guess there might be a voltage/current drop that could knock out one power hungry unit. And it wouldn’t suprise me if the current was irregular from one room to the next. Also I cannot rule out the possibility of having 2 dodgy power supplies. And it may well be atmospheric variation…

But your news is reassuring!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.