Space’s omnipressor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space’s omnipressor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      NikosGuitar

Hello!

I want to ask you a big favor!

I never had a compressor before,so i have no idea on how to make this that i want…

i used to play classical guitar with fingernails,but know i have cut them(the nails) because i spend more time practising 8-finger tapping and the nails didn't allow me to tap…

But there are times that i want to play with my fingers and cause of the flesh the tone is so muddy,low and without the "bright" tone that the nails produce!

Can you please suggest me some setting that will help that that i am looking for?

Thanks,

Nikos

NikosGuitar

Any help,please…

i want to have the same level-brightness with my fingers as with the pick!

I had never a compressor…any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

"cause of the flesh the tone is so muddy,low and without the "bright" tone that the nails produce"

Sounds like you understand the problem. Some kind of pick … ?

NikosGuitar

Hello mr.Rose

Pleased to meet you!…i am aware-fun of your work with ELP!!!

back to subject:i don't want to grow up my fingernails again…i want to use the fingerstyle blended with 8-finger tapping!that's why i cut them off…and i want to know if it is possible to compress them to the same level?

Thanks,

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi NikosGuitar,

Practically, I would recommend fingerpicking as close the bridge as possible.  Signal-Processing-wise, I would recommend using the Ominpressor with ratio of around 3, release around 0.1 – 0.2 Secs and attack probably greater than 0.01 Secs.  You should also move the Contour all the way left for a Feed-foward compressor. and you'll probably want to brighten up the sound by boosting the High EQ knob.  You'll have to set the Threshold based on your guitar and use the Output Gain in Space for make up gain (or some external boost pedal post Space).  

The idea with this being you want the compressor to only act after the initial attack, bringing down the gain of the note release and decay, but keeping the attack louder.   The make-up gain will then bring the whole signal back up.

NikosGuitar

Thank you a lot mr.Wedelich!!!

Your suggestion save me-help me a lot!!!

Thanks,

Nikos

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.