SpaceTime video with three soundscapes

Home Forums Products Stompboxes SpaceTime video with three soundscapes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Bodde
      Participant

Here a video with three presets I made with the new SpaceTime algo. Fragment 1 and 3 showcase the rhytmic possibities of the dual delays. First fragment is in five and third is in seven. Second fragment is an improvised soundscape with a distortion and volume pedal in front of the H9. Rest is just the SpaceTime straight in the soundcard with no additional effects. Very inspiring algo! Hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgLInyYnGOI

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Woa… Great video and playing, Bodde!  Keep 'em comin'  yesyes

maxpowersr

Very cool!

Can you share the settings?

That was a great video. I’d also like to ask if you could share the settings you used for the second bit with the volume pedal if you would. Thanks.

brock
      Participant

Great job on the improvs, bodde.  Huge sound.  This is the type of solo guitar work that I do when I’m playing for pure enjoyment.  I appreciate the use of ‘odd’ time signatures with the short looping techniques. It’s a powerful combination.

Bodde
        Participant
        brock wrote:

Great job on the improvs, bodde.  Huge sound.  This is the type of solo guitar work that I do when I’m playing for pure enjoyment.  I appreciate the use of ‘odd’ time signatures with the short looping techniques. It’s a powerful combination.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments! Yes, I like odd time signatures and with some clever programming and calculating the dual delays can do that short looping in odd time signatures. Lots of possibilities there. SpaceTime is quickly becoming my favorite algo. I see some great potential in these combined algos for the H9. That what was missing for me. Hoping for some more in the future!

I will share some of the presets from that video here later this week. I have my H9 packed for a gig right now.

Bodde
      Participant

OK Promised to share the presets and here they are: These are the 2nd and 3rd preset of the video. I forgot to save the first preset. 2nd preset is a long delay soundcape in Fripp style. Dual delay times are set 100ms apart to generate more randomness. With each repeat the gap between the delays gets bigger. Just play one short note to hear what it does. It’s a cool effect! 3rd preset generates a 7/8 time signature (4+3). Also play one short note to hear the rhythm. Now play a few eight notes and let the SpaceTime do the talking!

Let me know if these work and what you think!

brock
      Participant

Just getting to the downloads, bodde.  Nice slant on SpaceTime programming.  Good to see the HotSwitch plus expression pedal mappings utilized. I like how this algorithm gives a real choice between feedback routing configurations.

The presets imported just fine into Window 8.1.  But – for those keeping score – ‘Long Delay Soundscape BT’ duplicated my U3 User preset position, and ‘Thrang 7 AM BT’ duplicated my U12 User preset position.  Of course, they didn’t overwrite my existing U3 + U12 presets; just added cloned slot numbers between my current presets.

Bodde
        Participant
        brock wrote:

Just getting to the downloads, bodde.  Nice slant on SpaceTime programming.  Good to see the HotSwitch plus expression pedal mappings utilized. I like how this algorithm gives a real choice between feedback routing configurations.

The presets imported just fine into Window 8.1.  But – for those keeping score – ‘Long Delay Soundscape BT’ duplicated my U3 User preset position, and ‘Thrang 7 AM BT’ duplicated my U12 User preset position.  Of course, they didn’t overwrite my existing U3 + U12 presets; just added cloned slot numbers between my current presets.

1st part: I didn’t use any expression or hotswitch mappings for these presets. Maybe they were there from the preset I started with but they are not intended for these presets?

2nd part: That’s the thing we talked about in another topic. It must be a bug. It doesn’t makes any sense that it remembers the preset number in which the user has saved it. When other users import someones a preset it should import as the next new preset. Hope this issue gets addressed by Eventide.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.