Split: Eventide Device Manager not working properly

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Split: Eventide Device Manager not working properly

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ddeluca77
      Participant

Im having a similar issue. I connect my Space and open H9>Pedal>Software update. I get a message to launch Device Manager which send me to the website. I have Device Manger already installed. Launch Device Manger. Shows my serial number. I come to the main screen. Select update and I receive a message to reboot in to update mode. Reboot in to update mode and Device Manager shows “Invalid” and then crashes. I’m on a Mac. Tried on 3 different Macs and created a new Admin User. Same issue. Complete uninstall and reinstalls. Same issue. Extremely frustrating.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can recreate this behavior. I’ll have our team take a look at this.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Until we resolve the issue with updating Factor pedals on EDM, users may use the Direct Updater application: https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads/?product=Space

Download it, put your pedal in update mode, and conduct the update.

rubinho
      Participant

I’ve got this same issue here with my TimeFactor … Any news from Eventide Staff?

ddeluca77
      Participant

No. Disappointed w/ their support. Not a cheap pedal. Expected way more. I’m al honesty, no one even reached out to me. Was planning on grabbing a couple more, but their support left a bad taste in my mouth.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Have either of you tried the solution posted recommending using the Direct Updater?

https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads/?product=Space

Download it, put your pedal in update mode, and conduct the update.

ddeluca77
      Participant

I have. I’m an Apple engineer. I tried everything. All 3 of my Macs have the same issue

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Just so it’s clear, I understand EDM is giving you issues with your Factor pedals. Are you now saying the Direct Updater method also is not working for you?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I just tried the Direct Updater on a MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.5. Works fine, updated my Factor pedal without issue.

• Download and install the Direct Updater for your system: https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads/?product=TimeFactor
      • Connect your pedal to your computer via USB
      • Turn the pedal on while holding down the middle footswitch until the display says UPDATE.
      • Open the Direct Updater application (NOT EDM). It will automatically scan for any devices. Once it detects your pedal, click OK.
      • Whether the application shows the serial number of your pedal or it says INVALID, it will show you the available firmware updates regardless.
      • Choose the first option (5.2.0[6]) to highlight it in blue and click “Install Update.”
      • After about 5 minutes, you should be ready to rock n roll.

If this is not working, please let me know at what step in the process you get stuck.

t-house
      Participant

I tried with both EDM, and then after I found this thread, Device Updater. I’m running a MBPro on an M1 chip and Ventura 13.0.1. When I do the steps listed by @joecozzi above, the Direct Updater application stops at “Searching for Eventide devices” and spins forever.

jazztronaut
      Participant

Same here !!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.