Split: H90 Insert Feedback

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Split: H90 Insert Feedback

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      brockstar
      Participant

Also while I’m at it and instead of making a new thread….  can we find a way to not make an empty insert feedback, ouch!!!!!

I accidently clicked on insert 2 which has nothing in it and it started feedbacking really loud!

Maybe something in globals where we completely eliminate insert 1 and 2 from the signal path so that something like that won’t happen, if that’s something possible!

I can only imagine someone doing that at a higher volume level on stage or practice and that would be even worse then I did here in my living room lol.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Can you explain your signal flow that caused this? Do you actually have I/O 4 connected?

brockstar
      Participant

Right now I have a meris lvx pedal into insert 1 and my H90 out into fx loop of my line 6 helix. Any time you engage insert 2 which has nothing in it, it starts to feedback for some reason?

In 1 and out 1 of H90 going to line 6 helix fx loop

In 3 and out 3 of H90 has the meris lvx as an insert

exp 1 and 2 are being used as well for expression pedal and a ehx 3 footswitch

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Did you notice how Insert 2 was routed when the feedback started? If there’s nothing connected to I/O 4, then I don’t know how that could have caused feedback in a serial signal flow. If anything, the chain was broken.

brockstar
      Participant

It happens as soon as you put insert 2 into the path, feedbacks right away

brockstar
      Participant

Ok i forgot insert 1 has to be on parallel path, then put insert 2 on in pre position and it starts feedbacking

brockstar
      Participant

Did you happen to look into this more after my last post? Thanks! :]

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi brockstar, tbh, I’m confused as to why you are experiencing feedback if you have nothing connected to I/O 4, which is where the second insert effect would live. If there is nothing there, the signal chain is broken. Something else is awry. Could be the routing in the Helix?

brockstar
      Participant

I’ve had helix since 2016 and have never experienced this before with many pedals that have come and gone and I’ve used inside the fx loop and I also checked it just in case and nothing wrong on my end.

Did you happen to try my suggestion but do it with low volume just in case!

Put a pedal into insert 1 and move it to parallel path, then take insert 2 and move it to pre (in front) and see if it does it for you?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I can reproduce the issue. Investigating!

brockstar
      Participant

Aha, glad it’s not just me then! 🙂 Thanks for looking into it. I feel that one is quite critical to get under control before someone blows their ear drums out on accident like me haha.

brockstar
      Participant

P.S: it may be good idea to check and reverse the role as well. Put pedal in insert 2 and put it on parallel path and then try insert 1 which has nothing in it and put it in pre-position and see if you get same results when investigating! 🙂

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

I can also reproduce; we’re currently looking into this one at a high priority level.

brockstar
      Participant

While we’re on the subject of this insert stuff. Is parallel path suppose to be louder in volume? I get a bit of a volume jump when moving my insert to parallel path compared to being in pre / mid / post, maybe that is normal or no?

Maybe this has something to do with the feedback issue as well or something to look into as well.

Try this:

Put a pedal in insert 1, turn insert 1 off, and also turn off preset A and preset B and now move the insert 1 block around between pre / parallel / mid / post and you’ll hear that parallel is a bit louder.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

This is normal behavior. Keep in mind that when you engage a parallel signal path you’re splitting the dry signal as well, so there’s two copies of the signal present. This is why the H90 gives you a couple of options to tailor your signal flow levels: you can run algorithms in Kill dry and/or you can adjust the Inserts Mix, send and return levels.

brockstar
        Participant

Ok awesome, was just making sure 🙂 Thank you!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.