SplitEQ latency like Physion ?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins SplitEQ latency like Physion ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      cauldron
      Participant

Physion’s latency is high (just over 50ms). Does SplitEQ have the same latency as Physion?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

SplitEQ has a latency of about 70ms – 80ms, depending on sample rate. The splitting algorithm actually has some modest fidelity improvements over Physion, hence the higher latency.

cauldron
      Participant

SplitEQ/Physion have very high latency up to 192kHz but with 352.8kHz the latency drops to half as reported by the Ardours DAW:

40.66ms  352.8kHz SplitEQ
      29.80ms  352.8kHz Physion

I still have to measure precisely but I realize that in a live context the difference can be heard.
      I would like to know if this is an expected thing or is it a problem of some kind, Thanks.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, at the moment our plugins do not support sample rates above 192kHz (nor do we test above 192kHz). The latency reported is technically correct, but the splitting process will not function properly. I’ve created a ticket to look at supporting higher sample rates, but cannot give an estimate on when this might be addressed.

Angelo Bruschini
      Participant

Hi, just downloaded the new version of Split Eq, There was suggestions before about the Gui being too grey, well the latest version has nailed it, PERFECT.
      One again thanks for listening to the customer.
      Love your work
      Angelo B

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.