SplitEQ Support Info crashes Ableton Live on macOS

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins SplitEQ Support Info crashes Ableton Live on macOS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      moonoveraustin
      Participant

Plugin: Eventide SplitEQ 1.0.17

DAW: Ableton Live 11.2.7

Start Ableton Live. Under Plug-ins, select VST3 >> Eventide >> SplitEQ. In the SplitEQ window, secondary click (two-fingers on the trackpad) on the “Eventide” logo, then click the “Copy Support Information to Clipboard” popup. Ableton Live 11.2.7 crashes every time when performing the copy. It happens with formats AU, VST, and VST3. (I don’t have any other formats installed.) Blackhole 3.8.16 does not have this problem.

I reinstalled SplitEQ 1.0.17 and still had the same problem.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. I am able to reproduce this issue and I have let the developers know. We’ll get this fixed in a future update.

pmcculloch
      Eventide Staff

@moonoveraustin, thanks for the report.  This appears to be a problem with an old value for the preferences from 1.0.12 that no longer exists in newer versions.  We have a fix and it will be in the next release.

In the meantime, you can fix this by simply deleting the preferences file for SplitEQ via the following steps.  Please note that if you’ve changed any of the settings in the menu (e.g., theme, handle inversion, etc.) you’ll need to set those values again afterwards, since doing this will reset the preferences to the factory defaults.  (Presets will not be affected)

1. Exit any DAWs with SplitEQ running.

2. In Finder, in the Go menu, choose Go To Folder… with the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/Eventide

3. Delete the file named SplitEQ.properties.

The SplitEQ.properties file will be recreated when you load the plugin, and you can set the options to your preferred settings.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you have further issues or questions.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.