Stereo effects pedals between two Mixing Links?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Stereo effects pedals between two Mixing Links?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      AlbertBosch

Has anyone tried this? Essentially, I would like to run the FX sends of both MLs into the left/right inputs of a stereo effects pedal, with the left/right outputs returning to the respective FX returns. Also, I may desire to use not just one but several stereo pedals in this manner. I am very much interested in purchasing two of these Eventide boxes for this application, however I am concerned about ground hum issues resulting from such use. Would it be necessary for me to include isolation transformers within the loop (e.g., Ebtech’s Hum Eliminator)? (My plan is to power all of my pedals using two SurgeX power conditioners on a single outlet/circuit — two sockets, no daisy chaining — and with each effect using it’s own dedicated wall wart…thus I surmise that my signal should be relatively clean otherwise, at least that is what I am hoping.)  

I apologize for asking such a rookie question. I’m only now beginning to get OTB and into the world of stompboxes. Any advice or help in this endeavor would be greatly appreciated.

rck
      Participant

Interesting question, any advice/comments?

JWaltz
      Participant

Hi Albert,

This should work, but not sure how you could engage/disengage the left/right stereo paths at the same time.

You might start by trying one MXLNK and seeing if you can use the stereo AUX IN (FX return) and the Stereo HeadPhone Out (FX send)

to do what you are trying to do. Many  folks have asked for true stereo version of the MXLNK. It is still a ways off, but we would like to try and follow

up with a Stereo MXLNK MKII in the next year or so.

thanks

joe waltz

eventide

alfonscey
        JWaltz wrote:

Hi Albert,

This should work, but not sure how you could engage/disengage the left/right stereo paths at the same time.

You might start by trying one MXLNK and seeing if you can use the stereo AUX IN (FX return) and the Stereo HeadPhone Out (FX send)

to do what you are trying to do. Many  folks have asked for true stereo version of the MXLNK. It is still a ways off, but we would like to try and follow

up with a Stereo MXLNK MKII in the next year or so.

thanks

joe waltz

eventide

Hello Joe, is there any news regarding that MKII. That would be awesome!

AlbertBosch

Thanks to both of you for responding to my inquiry.

Although true stereo would be nice, I am actually comfortable with working in dual mono so long as phasing issues can be minimalized/kept under control. My idea was to activate each latch as necessary, simultaneously, via my hands. Although I could try the proposed single ML method (ingenious as it is), having two units really would be vital to my operations.    

A stereo successor with all the versatility of the original would be awesome. Such a device would alleviate a number of my concerns.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.