Stereo imaging question Pitchfactor and Timefactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Stereo imaging question Pitchfactor and Timefactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I have a Pitchfactor and a Timefactor running in stereo in my rig.

My question is this: If I have calbes inserted into both imputs of the factor pedals and only one of them has signal present, will the factor pedals still process the signal in the mono input – stereo output mode? Or will it act like a dual channel processor and process the signal in the active channel and pass silence on through the other channel?

I have having some switching issues with my GCX and factor pedals and I want to figure out how to switch back and forth between the two pre amps in front of the factor pedals and maintain a stereo image after he pedals.

Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It will act like a dual channel processor and process the signal in
      the active channel and pass silence on through the other channel. It judges whether you are looking for mono or stereo by the inserted jacks, not by the presence or absence of signal, which may come and go.

BarneyBrown
      Participant

I really think it would be useful in a future update to add an option to the System menu to allow users to override this – sometimes I want a mono output without having to unplug some of my jacks from the pedal. Does this makes sense? If so, can it be added to the consideration list? Cheers.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.