Stereo setup via 2 amps effects loops?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Stereo setup via 2 amps effects loops?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      VerodaClient

Hello,

I’m sure this is a very basic quesiton but I recently tried the following setup:

input 1 -> fx loop send of amp 1

input 2 -> fx loop send of amp 2

output 1 -> fx loop return of amp 1

output 2 -> fx loop return of amp 2

And I’m getting an odd, wet/dry, effect where one amp appears to have some of the effect and the other amp has just the wet signal.  The routing on the H9 is set to “normal” though..

I’m basically trying to use the gain from two amps and get the stereo effect from the H9 via the amps loops.

Am I going about this in the wrong way?

Thanks!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      VerodaClient wrote:

I'm getting an odd, wet/dry, effect where one amp appears to have some of the effect and the other amp has just the wet signal. The routing on the H9 is set to "normal" though.

What sound did you get without H9s? How do you split your signal to two amps?

VerodaClient

Sorry, I should have mentioned I’m splitting the signal with a Suhr buffer. Guitar into the input of the buffer and each output into the front of each amp.

There’s only one H9 and without it in the loops I get normal sound out of both amps.

VerodaClient

Sorry, I should have mentioned I’m splitting the signal with a Suhr buffer. Guitar into the input of the buffer and each output into the front of each amp.

There’s only one H9 and without it in the loops I get normal sound out of both amps.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        VerodaClient wrote:
        Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm splitting the signal with a Suhr buffer. Guitar into the input of the buffer and each output into the front of each amp. There's only one H9 and without it in the loops I get normal sound out of both amps.

I don't really know what's going on in your H9. Normally, with Stereo Inputs, the dry contribution at Output 1 is from Input 1 and the dry contribution at Output 2 is from Input 2, thereby maintaining the original signal stereo image. I would suggest you check the routing mode again, and the voice mix (delay mix parameter in delay algorithms). If the voice is A10 + B10, it should work as what you expect.

VerodaClient

Ah OK, thanks for the confirmation that I wasn’t doing anything silly (I was almost certain I was!)

I’ll bet it’s to do with the A10 + B10 because I was not looking at that (my first foray into stereo).  Is there a good preset that I could use to test the stereo feature to ensure I’m getting both wet and dry signals from both amps?

Thanks!

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        VerodaClient wrote:

Is there a good preset that I could use to test the stereo feature to ensure I'm getting both wet and dry signals from both amps?

Any delay preset with different delay times or any pitch preset with different pitches on two voices should work well for your case. 

VerodaClient

Yup that was it.. seems that some effects require different settings to get the stereo effect.
      A case of RTFM. Sorry for that and thanks for the help!

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        VerodaClient wrote:
        Yup that was it.. seems that some effects require different settings to get the stereo effect. A case of RTFM. Sorry for that and thanks for the help!

No problem. You are welcome.

jlane0710
      Participant

I thought it worth mentioning that you may need to check that the send levels of each amp are the same. You can do this in the H9 Control App under “Pedal Settings” … “Input Gain and Level Meters”.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.