Stereo wiring

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Stereo wiring

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Telegirl
      Participant

Hi

I’m trying to figture out whether I can do a stereo output setup. My guitar has a piezo pickup in the bridge, and the jack is a TRS stereo out to run both the electric pickups and piezo pickup at the same time. I was wondering if it’s possible to run both pickups into a Time Factor, and then run them out using the L/R jacks. Does the Time Factor sum the outputs? I have some songs where I’d like to have the acoustic and electric signals both using delay (the same delay at the same BPM).

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you use a Y-lead to go from your TRS to two TS jacks, this will give you each pickup into one of the inputs, the TF will not sum the inputs – it will operate in true stereo.

If you actually want to sum the pickups, you will have to find another way. First thing to try would be to parallel them. If this spoils the tone, next step is a passive mixer cable (two resistors – this will cost some level).

Note that each of the TF inputs are mono TS, not stereo TRS.

Telegirl
      Participant

I don’t actually want to sum the inputs, so this is helpful. I want to send the electric pickup signal to my amplifier and the acoustic pickup signal to a DI box and then the PA. I wanted to make sure there is no cross talk if I send the electric to input one and then output one to the amp, and the acoustic pickup to input 2 and then from output 2 to the DI.

Thank you!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Pretty much all the effects are true stereo.

Some reverbs may (not sure) sum the inputs prior to the reverb matrix, so avoid these. Try by ear.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.