Stompbox Routing

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Stompbox Routing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Roodyrocker

Hello everyone. I just recieved my Pitchfactor stompbox and added it to my pedal board but have yet to really mess with the settings on any of the Eventide pedals I have. One of my amps has no effects loop so to make my pedal board compatible with all my amps I'm going to run the pedals up front. Here is my current routing:

Guitar>Pitchfactor>Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah>Fulltone OCD>Modfactor>Timefactor>Amp

Anyone have suggestions on better rounting? The previously listed routing is more of a "traditional" way of routing effects but from what I've read may not be the optimum for the Eventides. Any info is appreciated.

Rudy

achaput

Hi Rudy,

It's important to remember that there is no 'wrong' way to connect your pedals. If it sounds good then it is good!

However if you are not happy with the sound of the setup you described, you could try putting the OCD before the PitchFactor:

Guitar>Fulltone OCD>Pitchfactor>Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah>Modfactor>Timefactor>Amp

That will make a difference in the tone of PitchFactor's harmonies. They will sound cleaner with overdrive before them. 

Alan

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

achaput:

Guitar>Fulltone OCD>Pitchfactor>Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah>Modfactor>Timefactor>Amp

Hey Alan,

always interested to read these chain threads Smile

Last time I asked the question about the order of the evetide stomps, I was recomended trying :-

PF>TF>MF

is this because I was putting the factors in the FX loop, or all just personal taste?

it is interesting as I connected them incorectly with MF before TF when I did some recabling and I much prefer MF after TF.

Cheers

BMF

Roodyrocker

Thanks for the info Alan. I realize there is no wrong way to do it but figured I'd ask since I've seen the recommendation for placing the Picthfactor after the OCD elsewhere as well. I thought that was interesting since with older pedals such as the Boss HR2 they always recommended feeding it the cleanest signal first. The problem I ran into with the old Boss HR2 is that it simply sounded too garbled live and I removed it from my pedal board. BTW, it was nice meeting you at the last couple Winter NAMM shows. I was the guy that said from the begining that Eventide should release a Harmonizer in pedal form as its what you're known for 🙂 Anyway, i will try the PF before and after the OCD and see what happens.
      Thanks.

Rudy

achaput

badmelonfarmer:

Last time I asked the question about the order of the evetide stomps, I was recomended trying :-

PF>TF>MF

is this because I was putting the factors in the FX loop, or all just personal taste?

Hi badmelonfarmer,

The suggestion I made above had to do with placement of the distortion source before PitchFactor instead of after. As far as the three Eventide pedals, PF>TF>MF is a fine way to connect them. It will result in some very trippy sounds due to TF's echoes being modulated by MF.  Also as I said there is no 'wrong' way. The best thing to do is try different things and see which way you like the best. 

Alan

achaput

Nice meeting you too Rudy! Thanks for the suggestion!

Alan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.