Strange mix behaviour

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Strange mix behaviour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Send2george2

Yesterday whilst playing in the rehearsal studio with the band I noticed some weird behaviour with various algorithms that were saved to the pedal.

I had my iPad paired to the device and am also using a foot switch for up down navigation of the presets.

The mix had completely gone to zero on a number of patches. On the fly whilst playing in a song I had to adjust the mix on the iPad (which was open, on and paired with the pedal) and save again to pedal.

Has anyone experienced this? Previously saved algorithms effectively zeroing their mix levels with no user input?

I have to be able rely on my h9 to hold onto its settings for live performance.

gkellum
      Participant

Is the footswitch you're using a MIDI footswitch or an Aux switch?  If you're receiving MIDI into your H9, I believe there's a default assignment of a particular MIDI CC to parameter 1;  you should turn that off.  (You can find that in H9 Control under Pedal Settings / MIDI Settings / Assign MIDI CC messages to Pedal Functions.)   In fact you might as well turn off all of the assignments of MIDI CCs to parameters 1 – 10 and anything else in the MIDI CC assignment page that you're not using.

Also, you don't have global mix enabled correct?

Send2george2

I’ll check the global mix settings later but the foot switch is just a straight boss FB6. That’s the dual footswitch one. Should the global mix settings be off?

gkellum
        Participant
        Send2george2 wrote:
        Should the global mix settings be off?

Yes, otherwise, your mix setting will travel from one preset to another, although I can't imagine why you would have turned the mix down to 0 in any preset, no?

Send2george2

I have no presets intentionally set to a zero mix level. Will report back on global setting tonight. Thanks again.

Send2george2

Global mix definitely set to OFF. All mix values on my h9 algorithms just now appear to be set as they should.

Not making this up and it has happened a couple of times, will keep an eye on it and try and offer more info should it happen again.

gcrooks
      Participant

I was having the same issue. I’m glad I read this. I did not know that “global mix” on would transfer the mix from the previous patch. How is that “global?” Anyway because I am using an expression pedal and have it set to “mix” on another patch apparently that is why the mix settings were going to zero and would not save. Global set to off, seems to have fixed the problem.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        gcrooks wrote:
        I was having the same issue. I’m glad I read this. I did not know that “global mix” on would transfer the mix from the previous patch. How is that “global?” Anyway because I am using an expression pedal and have it set to “mix” on another patch apparently that is why the mix settings were going to zero and would not save. Global set to off, seems to have fixed the problem.

Global Mix means that the system owns the mix value, not the preset. If you load another preset, the mix value will not change.

But, if you change the mix value, this will become the new mix value for eternity (unless you change it again).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.