Strange tremolo bug on v. 2.4.1 beta[5]

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Strange tremolo bug on v. 2.4.1 beta[5]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      afullerton
      Participant

I have tremolo patches in banks 4:1 and 4:2. Patch 4:1 is a square tremolo, 4:2 is a sine wave tremolo. When I switch directly from patch 4:2 to patch 4:1, patch 4:1 (the square wave trem) is extremely distorted. If I go directly to patch 4:1 from another patch, there is no distortion.

Also, I moved patch 4:1 to a different location (9:1). When I switch from 4:2 to 9:1, the distortion is still there.

And further…I tried changing positions. I switched 4:1 and 4:2 (that is, I put 4:1 where 4:2 was stored and vice versa). Now when I go from 4:1 (sine wave trem) UP to 4:2, the distortion returns.

The bottom line seems to be that if you have tremolo settings, one a sine and one a square wave, there is distotrion when you switch from the sine to the square.

Can someone check and see if you can duplicate this?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi afullerton,

A couple of questions:

1. Did you initialize your pedal after the update?  If not, you should save your presets and do that.  

2. There are two types of tremelo, bias and opto (changed with the type knob).  Which types are you using for each tremelo?  The reason I ask is that the intensity knob on the 'bias' type controls the amount of 'Drive' or distortion.   

afullerton
      Participant

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I have changed to the opto type and no longer have the problem. I didn't notice any difference in sound on the particular patch that I'm using. So, the problem is solved for me. But I still don't understand why I didn't have the distortion when switching from a non-tremolo patch. Perhaps you're right in that I should initialize it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.