Strategies to synchronize several stompboxes and controls

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Strategies to synchronize several stompboxes and controls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rdnzl
      Participant

Hello there,

I use 2 H9 (one stays at home, one follows me around) and I use sometimes a H9 control on my mac, and one on my android phone.

I then try to keep all these 4 ‘repositories’ in synch… it gets complicated as I can change one patch on either of these 4 plateforms…

How do you guys handle this sort of situation?

If I can suggest an enhancement: upon saving through the control, it would be great we could be prompted by an additional dialog in the case when the preset to be overwritten is more recent that the one that we are saving …

One route to keep the controls in synch is to create some symbolic links on both the mac and the phone so that the files are synchronised to a common dropbox folder…. I do that for the mac, so my sounds are archived on dropbox… if the file structure are the same then that might work…

Kind Regards,
      Laurent

brock
      Participant
      rdnzl wrote:
      … How do you guys handle this sort of situation? …

Preset Lists.  I usually assemble them by algorithm, type (modulation, delays, etc.), or set list.  There’s always going to be some overlap.  I’ve also uploaded to DropBox; mainly for online posting, & this site’s Preset Sharing section [although I think it still doesn’t support Preset lists, only individual Presets].  Handy as a backup.

But I face your situation as well:  One H9 here; two more over there; Win8.1 computer here; Android phone roaming among them.  I still think Preset Lists are the (current) way to go.  You can email a List to yourself.  It’s kind of clunky to load a List from a computer to one H9, transfer to the phone, load that to another H9, and up to a computer.  But once you have a collection of Preset Lists going, it gets a little better.

One thing I’ve been meaning to try is plugging the ‘Droid in as a drive to the Winx computer, and manually copying over the Lists to H9 Control’s file structure.  I have done some manual editing within the app itself.

rdnzl
        Participant
        brock wrote:
        rdnzl wrote:
        … How do you guys handle this sort of situation? …

Preset Lists.  I usually assemble them by algorithm, type (modulation, delays, etc.), or set list.  There’s always going to be some overlap.  I’ve also uploaded to DropBox; mainly for online posting, & this site’s Preset Sharing section [although I think it still doesn’t support Preset lists, only individual Presets].  Handy as a backup.

But I face your situation as well:  One H9 here; two more over there; Win8.1 computer here; Android phone roaming among them.  I still think Preset Lists are the (current) way to go.  You can email a List to yourself.  It’s kind of clunky to load a List from a computer to one H9, transfer to the phone, load that to another H9, and up to a computer.  But once you have a collection of Preset Lists going, it gets a little better.

One thing I’ve been meaning to try is plugging the ‘Droid in as a drive to the Winx computer, and manually copying over the Lists to H9 Control’s file structure.  I have done some manual editing within the app itself.

Thanks for this. Yes, lists indeed. Have you got a naming convention to reflect a versioning ?
        Also, did you find where on the ‘disk’ does tbe Android saves the presets / lists ?

Thank again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.