Suggestion for new H9 algorithm – amp/speaker simulator!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Suggestion for new H9 algorithm – amp/speaker simulator!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mcvittym
      Participant

I have a suggestion for the Eventide H9 – a guitar amp and speaker simulator.

The idea is that for certain types of gigs, going straight from the pedalboard into the PA system is desirable.

Being able to use a relatively compact pedal like the H9 could be very beneficial for this purpose.

I guess it could include clean and dirty channels.

Anyone else think this might fly?

marco.nava84
      mcvittym wrote:

The idea is that for certain types of gigs, going straight from the pedalboard into the PA system is desirable.

Being able to use a relatively compact pedal like the H9 could be very beneficial for this purpose.

it wood be great!!! we could get stereo in the PA without anything else than 2 H9, one for clean/drive suond, two for effects 😀

Given To Fly
      Participant
      mcvittym wrote:

You can already do this. If you are familiar with the Tech 21 Sans Amp GT-2 I would say the result is similar with the Factor pedals and the H9. The distortion algorithms (CrushStation, Sculpt) have powerful EQ sections that make running direct into a PA or interface possible. You will probably need to adjust the EQ for different PA systems. Now, if you are used to running the H9 through a tube amp you will not get the same sound running the H9 direct. The H9 is a great pedal but it is not a magic pedal. You should be able to dial in a good tone though. The Eventide “hounds” (referring to their avatars) can correct me if I’m wrong but since I got the idea from them I think what I am saying is accurate. 

mcvittym
      Participant

Not sure how I’d get my cleans sounds with speaker simulation under this scenario.

It also sounds like a lot more work than plugging into an amp!

macgee
      Participant

+1 Vote for this

I’d like to have this capability in the H9000 too. At the moment I’m running the H9000 into UAD stereo channel and using the UAD bx Engle Savage which is awesome but I’d like to be able to run independently of a computer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.