Suggestion for next H9 control update

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Suggestion for next H9 control update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lordradish
      Participant

Okay, here’s a suggestion that would be incredibly useful, and hopefully not that hard to implement.

In regard to the preset list editor… it’s not exactly the most versatile setup as it currently is. I generally have a basic list that I use all of the time. I like to keep similar algorithm presets next to each other, but, as I come up with new sounds or just want to add something to my list, there’s no easy way to do it, in the sense of organizing, because of two reasons..

First, when one drags a preset onto the list, it writes over whatever you drag it to. It’d be nice if it would just shift the preset currently in that (and all of those after it) over instead of having it be replaced. If I have my reverbs, say, in slots 10-15, with synthonizers in 5-9 and Crushstation in 15-20, and I want to add another reverb (next to the other ones), if I put it in slot 16, it writes over that Crushstation preset that I didn’t want to get rid of. It’d be much easier if it would just slide it over to make room, that way I can keep my presets better organized.

Second, moving presets around the list is difficult, as it only shows the 9 per screen, which doesn’t really allow me to move preset 35 to slot 60. I do think, however, if my first point were utilized (making room), the second point would be moot.

I love my H9, but if I could organize my ever-evolving preset list more efficiently, instead of having to redo it every time I add a few things, I’d love it, even more.

What say you, Eventide? Doable?

KCStratman
      Participant

Good ideas, it is annoying when preset tiles get nudged out like that instead of moving over. As an adjunct, could there be a view zoom to have options to show maybe 9/12/15/18/24 preset tiles at once instead of only 9? I understand the utility of only 9 tiles view on a handheld device, but on a full size monitor expanding the number of viewable presets at once in a preset list would be very helpful.

gkellum
      Participant

The preset list screen already does everything you've described under the "Edit List" screen.  You can insert a new preset or a preset already in the list between two presets.  You can drag presets from slot 8 to 35 or whatever.  Check out this quick screen capture I just made showing how this works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/preset_list_reordering.mov

lordradish
      Participant

I didn’t realize that, I didn’t notice the highlighted bars in between the two when you drag over it. This is the same for Mac or PC, right? I do think having the option to zoom out to see more on one screen would be a good feature, too.

Thanks!

gkellum
        Participant
        lordradish wrote:

I didn't realize that, I didn't notice the highlighted bars in between the two when you drag over it. This is the same for Mac or PC, right? I do think having the option to zoom out to see more on one screen would be a good feature, too.

Yes, this works on Mac, PC, and iPad.  Maybe, the flashing bars between the presets should be white instead of the color of the preset being dropped.  They would be more noticeable if there was more contrast from the background.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.