Suggestion: Local Off for Factors?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Suggestion: Local Off for Factors?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cowudders
      Participant

Hi,

a total alien suggestion, which maybe 3-4 people would love to have, nevertheless …

I’d love to use my Modfactor as a controller for my H9 without it controlling itself  🙂

So like in the glory old MIDI days (and still today on every keyboard), a local on/off function.

My Nordlead Rack f.e. has this and it is super useful when using it as a controller for other stuff.

I’d be happy to control the Modfactor via the APP only, btw

Thanks for reading!  🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

How would you want to turn this local mode on or off ?

Note that we are real keen that all functions can be controlled without the App, even if it makes things easier.

cowudders
      Participant

Just fiddled around with the modfactor as a MIDI CC controller for the H9, which really works beautifully. 

The resolution is a bit coarse for some parameters (delaytime, pitches, ..), so some 14bit NRPN control would be better of course, but it’s still workable.

But it only works when the USB cable is not connected on both pedals.

Is this a hardware limitation? Please don’t say yes.  🙂

cowudders
      Participant

Does a local on/off for the knobby factor-pedals to control the H9 have a chance being implemented in a future system update?

what about holding all 3 footswitches for 3 secods to toggle this?

cowudders
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

How would you want to turn this local mode on or off ?

Note that we are real keen that all functions can be controlled without the App, even if it makes things easier.

Hi Nick!

On every synth I know something like this would be in the system settings & they are easily accessible on the factors, imo. (Encoder + Right Footswitch).

Maybe after [BYPASS] a new [LOCAL] entry would be the best (on, off). Or if too prominent, tucked away in the [MIDI] or [UTILITY] tree?

The display & the 3 footswitches should of course still show what’s going on on the modfactor, whatever the setting.

A very elegant solution might be that LOCAL OFF only works in BANK mode, so f.e. when you want to edit something on the modfactor you switch to PLAY (right footswitch long press), when you want to edit something on the H9 you go back to BANK mode, if the ‘KNOBS LOCAL OFF in BANK only’ option is ‘ON’. 

i can think of a gazillion uses for this pedal as a controller without sacrifizing the nice effects it does.

thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.