Super simple feature request

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Super simple feature request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      hendrik7

Please make the menu for the algos customizable so you can arrange which algo are at the top and which ones at the bottom. You can call it nit picking but it would honestly save a lot of time. I hate having to scroll almost to the bottom to get to my favorite algos!

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – the algorithm positions are fixed.

What you might do is to save presets using your favorites back to back in some convenient place, and then load these rather than loading the algs.

hendrik7

Bummer 🙁

gkellum
      Participant
      hendrik7 wrote:

Please make the menu for the algos customizable so you can arrange which algo are at the top and which ones at the bottom. You can call it nit picking but it would honestly save a lot of time. I hate having to scroll almost to the bottom to get to my favorite algos!

Were you talking about in H9 Control or on the H9 itself?

hendrik7

I’m talking about the H9 control app on my iPad/iPhone

gkellum
        Participant
        hendrik7 wrote:

I'm talking about the H9 control app on my iPad/iPhone

Well, there are sort options in the Preset Screen, and sorting by date should show the algorithms that were most recently used.  Seems like that's not working properly anymore on the most recent OSX build…  I'll have to think about how we might be able to squeeze a similar sorting function into the algorithm page…

hendrik7
        gkellum wrote:

Well, there are sort options in the Preset Screen, and sorting by date should show the algorithms that were most recently used. 

Don’t you mean the presets? I know I can sort the presets within a certain algorithm by date, number or name but I’m not referring to that.

“I’ll have to think about how we might be able to squeeze a similar sorting function into the algorithm page…”

Yes! I am talking about the algorithm front page page where you can choose different algos from the different Factor pedals. It would be really great to get sorting function there. In ideal world it would be possible to arrange it however you like just like the preset lists. If that’s not possible, sorting by use would be better than date.

Thanks

gkellum
        Participant
        hendrik7 wrote:

sorting by use would be better than date.

They're the same thing.  Sorting by date is supposed to mean sorting by the date of last use.  I suppose it might be clearer to use the phrase "By use" instead of "By date".

hendrik7
        gkellum wrote:

hendrik7 wrote:

sorting by use would be better than date.

They’re the same thing.  Sorting by date is supposed to mean sorting by the date of last use.  I suppose it might be clearer to use the phrase “By use” instead of “By date”.

Sorting by use to me means the most used algo while sorting by date means the last one I used. Blackhole might be at the top as my last used algo but Shimmer might still be my most used algo overall.

gkellum
      Participant
      hendrik7 wrote:

Please make the menu for the algos customizable so you can arrange which algo are at the top and which ones at the bottom. 

We added a feature along these lines in the most recent H9 Control release (v2.6.0) in case you didn't notice.  Under Settings there's an option to change the sorting of the algorithms in the Algorithm screen.  You can configure it so your most used algorithms are sorted to the top.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.