Swap hotswitch function?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Swap hotswitch function?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jorri

Quick question: Space Pedal

Is there a way to swap the settings of a preset around so that its default becomes the hotswitch setting and the hotswitch becomes default.

So i want to navigate to a preset and have the hotswitch setting load first, and what is now the default setting to only activate when i press the hotswitch.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes, but it’s not a one-button edit. You simply have to create a preset with the settings inverted. In other words, put the preset in Hotswitch mode and copy the settings. Do the same for the default state. Then, create a preset with your Hotswitch settings as the default, and your old default as the Hotswitch ON settings.

brock
      Participant

There’s a slick move to do this, using the expression pedal programming as an interim ‘edit buffer’.

Easier done in H9 Control.  In the pedal itself, probably as much work as manual input.

Let me confirm my process later on and lay out the details.

jorri

No prob. I have a pen and paper i guess. I remember that the knob mode may effect finding out the hotswitch values that dont drag back to their setting (recall mode? Whatever i have it set to) so otherwise it would hard to find their value.

Luckily one was just a couple parameters, i have others that changed quite a few. I guess when i write that song intro (i want to get to first in a live set when i navigate presets, not two steps of changing) on an already made preset but its hotswitched it would be useful as a feature simply to save whichever way its set as default and vice versa.

jorri
      joecozzi wrote:
      Yes, but it’s not a one-button edit. You simply have to create a preset with the settings inverted. In other words, put the preset in Hotswitch mode and copy the settings. Do the same for the default state. Then, create a preset with your Hotswitch settings as the default, and your old default as the Hotswitch ON settings.

Thanks. That should do I guess, as id only need to copy and change the hotswitched knobs. Or do you mean actually save to another slot whilst hotswitched? as i tried saving the hotswitched preset to the SAME slot and that definitely didnt work.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      jorri wrote:
      Or do you mean actually save to another slot whilst hotswitched? as i tried saving the hotswitched preset to the SAME slot and that definitely didnt work.

No, there’s no way to save a hotswitched preset to a new preset slot. You’ll have to program this manually.

brock
      Participant

False alarm: I should’ve known better.  I’ve run into this before.

Copying the HotSwitch values over to the expression pedal is no problem.  Even after clearing the original HotSwitch map. pasting from the EXP PED – back into the listening HotSwitch – is the issue here.

Seems like the expression pedal takes precedence over all.  It’s current low position becomes a range limit over the HotSwitch.  I’ve gotten some mixed results, but nothing (yet) that effectively swapped the ‘A & B’ sides of the HotSwitch mapping.

brock
      Participant
      jorri wrote:
      No prob. I have a pen and paper i guess. I remember that the knob mode may effect finding out the hotswitch values that dont drag back to their setting (recall mode? Whatever i have it set to) so otherwise it would hard to find their value ….

The most repeatablely accurate way to get exact values is direct entry (double-clicking on the parameter value itself in Windows H9 Control).  Works under HotSwitch & EXP PED Learn.

Another method:  https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/23001#comment-23001

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.