Switch Buttons Durability

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Switch Buttons Durability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JacopoTrono
      Hello everyone,

I have long wanted the h9 and now that I bought I would like to preserve its condition.

I am comfortable with the system change presets, my only concern comes from the fact that I use a lot the 2 button switch (every day)

Do you think I can stay peaceful and continue to use them frequently, or it would be better to have a midi system to change the presets?

If they broke they would be easy to replace?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H9 switches are pretty solid (we have had little trouble from them). Since they are real complete switches, connected by wire to the circuit board, they would not be too hard to replace. But, they are getting harder to find, so we may have to use a different part in the future.

Clearly, if you were to only control it with MIDI, the switches would last for ever, but then you would have to worry about the switches on your controller. Can't win !

JacopoTrono

Thanks for your reply,

Are they replaceable with  generic 6 pin footswitch, the connection is solderless? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

They are a regular metal two connection switch with screw terminals. Since they are only held by the mounting hole, anything that would fit would work.

http://media.digikey.com/Photos/Electroswitch/6611.jpg

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.