Switching on the ‘Wah’ effect

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Switching on the ‘Wah’ effect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mferrand

Hey All,

I have a Mission Engioneering pedal with a switch.  Is there a way to have the switch on a wha effect by using that switch?

When I have my H9 loaded with a wha wha preset, I would like to be bale to control it from that pedal.  Can this be done?

Cheers, Mike

camn
      Participant

Yes of course. Set the AUX switch to ‘Toggle Bypass” and it will behave like that….once you have loaded the wah preset. 

If you want the button to CALL the preset from some other algo, you need a MIDI controller to help. I did a how-to on that a while back.

mferrand

It may not be that easy.  The Mission pedal has a jack for the on/off and another jack for the wah.  I might be able to make a custom cable to do this but it’s probabally more trouble then it’s worth.

As another thought, a lot of the modelers (Atomic Amps, Fractal, etc.) have a feature where they can detect the pedal movement to turn on the effect.  It then turns itself off after no movement is detected for a short amount of time.

Cheers, Mike

camn
      Participant

Oh wait what pedal is it?

I assumed it was an SP-H9.

If so, it IS that easy. 

mferrand

I have an SP-1.  It was not being used so I thought I’d try and modify it.

It looks like I need to get a diode any way.  I was hoping to dothis with what I had.

camn
      Participant

Ah I see!

Well, if the thing works as an expression pedal.. and if those are both MONO jacks, you probably just have to use a standard Insert Cable.

If you are ambitious, you might be able to jump the jacks, or rewire a stereo jack inside to make it work with a regular TRS.

So, if it works as an expression pedal, this is still relatively easy. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.