Switching presets in play mode w/ aux switch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Switching presets in play mode w/ aux switch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      knutfin

I recently bought a two-button aux switch to use with the Timefactor. I want to assign preset up/down while in play mode. However, I cant seem to figure it out. The closest I got was switching banks, but that only works in bank mode.

What do I do?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Because the TF is Bank-based, it does not have a next/last preset concept. It probably should.

knutfin
        nickrose wrote:

Because the TF is Bank-based, it does not have a next/last preset concept. It probably should.

It worked with a midi mouse, though. It did just that. It was just to big.
        Isnt there a way to effortlessly switch between presets and have access to repeat and tap at the same time with an aux switch.

gkellum
        Participant
        knutfin wrote:

It worked with a midi mouse, though. It did just that. It was just to big. Isnt there a way to effortlessly switch between presets and have access to repeat and tap at the same time with an aux switch.

Yes, that would work as you want via MIDI because the MIDI Mouse is sending out program changes which is in turn selecting individual presets.  Unfortunately, there's no mechanism to do the same via an aux switch.

knutfin
        gkellum wrote:
        knutfin wrote:

It worked with a midi mouse, though. It did just that. It was just to big. Isnt there a way to effortlessly switch between presets and have access to repeat and tap at the same time with an aux switch.

Yes, that would work as you want via MIDI because the MIDI Mouse is sending out program changes which is in turn selecting individual presets.  Unfortunately, there's no mechanism to do the same via an aux switch.

Ah, I see. Probably should have done better research I guess. Well, thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.