Sync Time Factor BPM with MIDI Murf?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Sync Time Factor BPM with MIDI Murf?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jesswilliams

I'm completely new to the MIDI realm. Is it possible to set the BPM's on the Time Factor and have it sync up via MIDI with the Moog MIDI Murf?

If so, is there an easy way to explain how to do so?

Thanks in advance!

jamesgleason

Hello,

It looks like the MIDI Murf has a MIDI IN port only, and can follow MIDI Clock. That means if you turn on TimeFactor's MIDI Clock Out  (CLK OUT in the MIDI Menu under System Mode) and connect TimeFactor's MIDI OUT to the Murf's MIDI IN, the two devices should be in sync.

jesswilliams

Anyone else have any insight on this? Supposedly the Murf needs a MIDI start signal to be able to start receiving clock. 

dgervasi
      Participant

If you have an analog aux switch box for the time factor pedal, you can set one switch to tap tempo and chain it out to the 'rate' input on the murf. I have to do it this way, since I have the old murf. The factors receive TRS, but I think the murf receives on T-S for rate (not sure, going from memory).

If you're handy with basic electronics you can build a pedal or add a jack to an existing one. The alternative would be to use a "Y" cable out of the aux box (not a stereo splitter). like this one: http://www.hosatech.com/products/339659/Dual_14_in_TRS_to_14_in_TRS

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.