Synching MF with TF

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Synching MF with TF

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Is there a way to do this via MIDI?

Like hooking a didgitech 3 way swithcher, 1 switch is tap tempo into TF, which would go to MF via Midi…..Don't want program change to be initiated, just tap tempo…

achaput

Hi Billy,

If you just want to sync tempos between stompboxes then turn MIDI CLK OUT to ON on the Master pedal and turn MIDI CLK IN to ON on the slave pedal.

Make sure that CTL XMT and PGM XMT are set to OFF on the Master so that it won't transmit MIDI CC or Program Change messages.

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Wow, thanks….Is this possible with the older software (2.)?
      I have the Mod in the beta, I had no trouble with it, but the TF sqealed like a pig..

Got the boxes at the gig, but if this works, I'll go early and adjust

Cheers,
      Billy

achaput

MIDI Clock OUT is new in the latest TF and MF software. MIDI Clock IN option was in the old software, simply called MIDI CLK.

If you only updated ModFactor then you can use that as the master and it should work without updating TimeFactor. If you find you have timing problems then you will want to update TimeFactor as the MIDI timing has some improvements in the new software.

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Thanks sooooooo much for your timely and accurate, detailed response! You guys are a great model for the other companys…..This stuff is important ta us!

Billy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.