Synthbass Algorithm or Patch Recommendations

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Synthbass Algorithm or Patch Recommendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      benevan
      Participant

Is it possible to get a synthbass effect similar to the now discontinued Korg G5 or Akai Deep Impact?  The Synthenizer algo does not really come close to this.

If there are no existing algos that can achieve this effect, could this be considered as a new algo for future H9 updates?

brock
      Participant

You haven't said what you're using as an instrument input, but have you checked out the Octaver algorithm from the PitchFactor?

benevan
      Participant

I primarily use bass guitar.  The PF is one of my favorite units, the octaver is good, but I am looking for something very different, as mentioned in my original post, something like the now discontinued Korg G5 or Akai Deep Impact.  For those not familiar, check out youtube for examples.  Definitely more than just an octaver. 

Bodde
      Participant

I play a lot of bass too. Haven't had any satisfying results with the synth algo on bass yet. I very much doubt if those moog type of sounds of the Akai deep impact are possible with the H9. The sound character is very different. Speaking of the H9 for bass: which algos do you use for bass? I get a very nice bass overdrive sound by using the drive in the Mangled reverb algo. Worth checking out!

benevan
      Participant

Hey Eventide, 

Any chance that we can expect a synthbass algo?  Or is this just wishful thinking (and we should just wait for the vaporware deep impact reissue…http://www.talkbass.com/threads/deep-impact-reissue-interested.1115025/)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.