Synthonizer Alg help

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Synthonizer Alg help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Boynigel
      Participant

does anyone have any setting suggestions or tricks to getting the Synthonizer algorithm to track better?  it tracks worse than an early 80's guitar synth.  my input level into the h9 is good fwiw.  my first real disappointment with my h9's.   i'm not even playing fast phrases.  as there a fix?

Hi,

mine tracks very well. Are you using low output pickups? I see a diference when I change guitars. My higher output pickups guitar behaves better.

Boynigel
      Participant

my input levels are pretty much textbook meaning they're as hot as they can be without going into the red when viewed in H9 Control.  my compressor helps sightly, and i DO mean slightly.  it's too bad because all the other algs are stellar, but this one is a turd in my experience.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi boynigel,

The Synthonizer is very monophonic.  Are trying to play chords or letting other notes ring out (Like pulloffs then switching to another string without muting, etc) ?  If so, it might not track as well because it's looking for a single solid note.  

Boynigel
      Participant

i get that it's monophonic.  no chords.  i'm playing very slow, simple lines.  when i hit a single note that i simply want to sustain, it will glitch into an entirely different note within 3 seconds half the time.  the other half of the time i get lucky and it doesn't glitch.  i need predictability though.

Imerkat
      Participant

use your neck pickup and roll of the tone knob

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

boynigel:

i get that it's monophonic.  no chords.  i'm playing very slow, simple lines.  when i hit a single note that i simply want to sustain, it will glitch into an entirely different note within 3 seconds half the time.  the other half of the time i get lucky and it doesn't glitch.  i need predictability though.

It sounds like your level just gets too low to track.  Try increasing the input level to your H9, you can do this in H9 Control or by pressing and holding the left footswtich while moving from Active to Bypass.  Alternatively, you can try boosting your signal before the H9, or using some compression before the H9.  

Also, imerkat had some good suggestions, neck pickup and tone roll off.  The neck pickup will give you a more sinusoidal like note, and the tone roll off will help with low-level interfering noise.  

KCStratman
      Participant

I'm not much of a pitch shift / harmonizer guy, never had a PitchFactor or more than a couple PF algos on my H9s. When I got Maxxed out, I had to try some of the heavier effects just for fun. I found that the Synthonizer, played into with clean tone, neck pickup tone rolled all the way down, and mild-medium compressor settings as suggested, tracked single notes quite well including slow bends and some faster bends. I was surprised to get good tracking of most bends and when an unmuted adjacent string is allowed to vibrate it loses tracking and causes a very interesting swallowed gargling sonic artifact which is an effect unto itself.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.