T Factor Power Supply/Adapter Issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes T Factor Power Supply/Adapter Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      oyarsa
      Participant

Here is the problem I am having.  When the Eventide power supply is plugged in it will cut power and restart the unit at the slightest tap or touch or wiggle of the plug where it goes into the TF. 

I have checked this with other Power Supplies that are 5.5 x 2.5, pin hot, and the same thing occurs.  Also, The pin in the TF unit seems firm and is not lose at all.

It seems the plug is not quite the right size to form a tight fit, although this has not been a problem that I have really noticed or paid attention too up to now.  Have you heard of this happening before?

Thanks for your help.   Geeked

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it is really really sensitive it might point to a bad or broken solder joint between the connector and the board. Or, the plug may have been banged and over-stressed the connector. Either way, probably needs someone to take the unit apart and do some continuity tests.

Sadly, we have to use these connectors because they are the standard for affordable power supplies, but I wish they were stronger. There is a miniature XLR that is cute, but they are not cheap. People already think our boxes are expensive, so higher prices would be unpopular.

oyarsa
      Participant

That makes sense.  The unit is out of warranty so I will see if there is an authorized repair center for Pro Audio stuff nearby.

I think Professional Sound and Music in San Diego can look at it.

Thanks for the reply.  Yes

oyarsa
      Participant

I got the Time Factor fixed locally and all seems fine.  Is there any way I can get one replacement screw for the bottom plate?  It seems one got lost.

Thanks for the help.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Send an email with a suitable contact address to support@eventide.com and say that I said to send you one (or maybe two, in case you have to open it again).

oyarsa
      Participant

Done…….Thanks! Big Smile

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.