T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon – works for me.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon – works for me.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Burger666

Forgive me if I'm preaching to the converted, but..

Two Factors (Mod and Time) running off independent and regulated 12V DC's with the correct cables (reverse polarity 2.1mm to 2.5mm). Works great for me.

I made a little video to show and tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io5pFtrSKn4

woodshedder

Hi. Thanks for the great news! The T-rex stuff is widely avaidable and not too pricey!

Btw, love your vids! Keep 'em coming!

-Tom

Burger666

Thanks Tom,

I will keep 'em coming for sure. BTW, three of those vids have been entered the Eventide video comp. If you get a moment, a vote sure would be appreciated! Then I could do the mother of all demos – the mighty Eclipse. 🙂

Cheers,

BK.

darrenw5094

The Eventide TimeFactor needs 400mA when running on 12vdc. The T-Rex states on their Fuel Chameleon, that each outlet gives 300mA. Your two Eventides work fine on it, so is the mA on the Chameleon under rated by T-Rex??

This seems also the case with the Voodoo Labs  ISO5 Pedal Power.

Laffa

darrenw5094:

The Eventide TimeFactor needs 400mA when running on 12vdc. The T-Rex states on their Fuel Chameleon, that each outlet gives 300mA. Your two Eventides work fine on it, so is the mA on the Chameleon under rated by T-Rex??

This seems also the case with the Voodoo Labs  ISO5 Pedal Power.

For a regulated 12VDC,

the current requirement is 380mA at power up and 300mA in normal operation. Do not use unregulated 12V.

For a regulated 9VDC,

the current requirement is 500 mA at power up and 400mA in normal operartion.

I power all 3 factor pedals with the Trex Juicy Lucy, Each output gives 12v dc 300mA just like the Chameleon.

Never had any issue and each unit works 100%. I was recommended to not power anything else of the same Trex if im running all 3 factor pedals though so i only use 3 of the 5 outputs and have another Juicy Lucy for my other pedals.

darrenw5094

I have a MXR 10 band EQ which needs 18v and a few others that need a standard 9v jolt.

The T-Rex Chameleon and the Voodoo Labs ISO5, i hope will power all of them. I could run some off the daisy chain method straight from my Boss TU-2 tuner if i need to.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.