Tap Tempo aux switch issue/question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tap Tempo aux switch issue/question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jeffinaustin

Hey all. I'm wiring up an aux switch solely for Tap Tempo control. I've tried the one I built but the old Boss FS-5U and both do the same thing: they read "Ring" then "T+R" in the aux switch settings. This is giving me a "double click" everytime I step on it so the tempos are registering twice as fast as I'm going for. Anyone know of a solution for this? It's about to drive me nuts.

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Could you explain or enlarge on this part- "but the old Boss FS-5U and both do the same thing: they read "Ring" then "T+R" in the aux switch settings."

How have you wired up your switch ? Should be pretty easy – just need to connect from either tip or ring to sleeve to activate. Don't try a T+R unless you are sure you know what you are doing.

jeffinaustin

Got it working. I just need a TRS plug going into the "Factors". Works like a charm!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Good !!

A point worth adding to our knowledge base is that one should use a stereo (TRS) jack into the AUX input. If one uses a mono (tip and sleeve only) jack, the unit will view it as a TRS jack with ring and sleeve connected. If then a switch is connected between T and S, it will be viewed as making T+R, which may be unexpected. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.