Tap tempo with multiple H9’s?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tap tempo with multiple H9’s?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      fog_ducker
      Participant

I was wondering if it is possible to have my JHS Mini Tap Tempo control both the H9 max and Core at the same time without using Midi?  If not, how would I achieve this with Midi?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't know anything about this pedal, and their Web Site has no information either.

But, assuming it is just a momentary switch, you have two choices. One of them is to connect it to both pedals with a Y-lead. The other is to pick one pedal as the tempo master, and have it control the other via MIDIclock (you will need to enable MIDIclock out on the master, and MIDIclock in on the other – see UM for info).

fog_ducker
      Participant

Hey,

No luck with either option?  Can I not have the core recognize the "ring" cable coming out on the "Y" cable?  Also, tried MIDI cable, enabled H9 max MIDI clock output and Core MIDI clock input, attempting to have the H9 max be the master clock.  The JHS is going into the H9 max as a tap tempo aux switch and works fine.  Nothing happening on the Core in both scenarios. 

LA Keys
      Participant

Fog_ducker: Are you saying that you're using a TRS splitter (With Tip and Ring splitted) ?

Is so I believe that nickrose was suggesting to use a "regular" splitter with both tips connected to the common tip, same for the shields…

fog_ducker
      Participant

Yes, I am currently using TRS to 2 mono cables, one tip, and 1 ring.  I cannot find a TRS to tip/tip cable?  I would actually like to figure out the MIDI situation as I would also try to have my Strymon Big Sky slaved to the master clock. 

LA Keys
      Participant

Here is what you need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-inch-6-3-mm-Mono-Male-TS-to-2-x-1-4-Mono-Female-TS-Splitter-Y-Patch-Cable-/191488728176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c959e1c70

Can't help about midi as I don't know enough about what you're using with the H9

(I don't know yet how to embed html address, sorry)

LA

fog_ducker
      Participant

Thanks LA

LA Keys
      Participant

Ok…. Here is a few things about midi clocks:

– Make sure USB is disconnected (If USB is connected MIDI is ignored)

– The "master" H9 should have "Enabale Midi input clock" set to NO, "Enable Midi output clock" set to YES

– The "slave" should have "Enable Midi input clock" set to YES, "Enable Midi output clock" set to NO

– The "Global Tempo" (under "General settings") should be set to NO for the slave, but could be set to YES for the master.

– For the master: "Midi output mode" should be set to TRANSMIT 

– Midi OUT from the "master" should be connected with a midi cable to Midi IN of the slave.

With those settings, tapping a tempo (or using a preset with stored tempo) on the master should make the "slave" to follow the same tempo.

LA

LA Keys
      Participant

I've had a look at the JHS mini tap and now believe that because this thing have 3 outputs you really don't need a spliitter. You just have to use one output for each H9. This way you don't even need any midi cable between the two H9.

Ths being said, I do believ that the BEST way to do what you want is to go with the MIDI way I've explained in my previous post. This will also allow you to add as many slaves as you want, keeping all of them in sync.

LA

fog_ducker
      Participant

Awesome, thanks again LA.  I'm at work this evening, but will try tomorrow.  The MIDI problem may have been that I did not disconnect bluetooth.  I'll keep you posted!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.