Tempo from Master not sending update to other Factor pedals when changing patches

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Tempo from Master not sending update to other Factor pedals when changing patches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      baidie
      Participant

I have a Modfactor (Master Clock out, Midi out CH.1, S.W. v3 Beta) to a Pichfactor (Clock in on, Midi in CH.1, Midi Thru, Clock out off, S.W. v3 Beta) to a Timefactor (Clock in on Midi CH.1, Midi Thru, Clock out off, S.W. v3 Beta) to a Boss SL-20 Slicer  Midi in. Everything works when I Tap tempo the Modfactor all of the other pedals sync up as normal. The problem is when I switch patches on the Modfactor, the stored Tempo does not send to the other units. If memory serves me correctly it used to send tempo update command when switching patches before version 3. The workaround is to tap the tempo on the master everytime I change patches on the master. I usually change patches on the master last for obvious reasons .This defeats the purpose of storing tempo in a patch other than as a reminder. Can this be fixed ? I've looked over all the settings and can't see anything wrong. Please help TIA

jataft

I've had the Timefactor sending tempo via MIDI to my Pitchfactor for a while now, and it's always seemed a bit sketch – just like you said.  It seems like even when I tap a new tempo it will only update the other pedal if there is a significant difference of a couple BPM's.  Sometimes when the PF syncs, the display is reading 1BPM off from the TF.  I've never quite figured it out, but it's always seemed a bit off.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The MIDI clock in requires a change of a fraction of a BPM before it takes notice, otherwise when driven by a computer, which have lousy jittery MIDIclock outputs, it would be audibly wobbling all the time.

Given a big change, it will ramp towards the correct value. But, because the display is in whole numbers (no decimals), it will read the nearest value, so 120.4 reads as 120, whereas 120.6 reads as 121. This can cause it to appear off by one.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.