TextTrigger string display problem

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development TextTrigger string display problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      sean.e
      Participant

The TextTrigger string display gets a bit corrupted in certain cases.  Here is an example:

HEADM adc 2 2 adc-null adc-null Empty Empty 1 menupage-obj ;=0,0,100,0
      TEXTTRIGGER texttrigger 2 0 "trigger: 0" "trigger: 1" ;=125,75,100,0
      MENUPAGE menupage menupage menupage 1 texttrigger-obj ;=275,75,100,0

If you remove the colons from the strings, then they are displayed as expected.  Also, the last value is not affected.  So if there is only one value, it will work as expected.

sean.e
      Participant

Should have noted that the problem is on the H8000A OS 5.2 rather than in Vsig.

sean.e
      Participant

The problem is not specifically related to the semi-colon.  Here is another example:

HEADM adc 2 2 adc-null adc-null Empty Empty 1 menupage-obj ;=0,0,100,0
      MENUPAGE menupage menupage menupage 1 OptionTextTrigger-obj ;=525,500,100,0
      C_MERGE SwitchCntResetMerge 2 SwitchSelectCounter-timeout 0 ;=125,100,100,0
      C_MERGE SwitchCntIncrMerge 2 SwitchCntResetMerge-out OptionTextTrigger-out ;=125,225,100,0
      C_COUNTER SwitchSelectCounter SwitchCntIncrMerge-out SwitchCntResetMerge-out 1 3 ;=275,350,100,0
      TEXTTRIGGER OptionTextTrigger 4 SwitchSelectCounter-out "default off" "option 1 ON" "option 2 ON" "option 3 ON" ;=125,475,100,0

The corruption is due to the length the of trigger text.  If an item has more than 9 letters, its display is truncated and the text from the next item is partially concatenated to it – displaying up to 16 characters (even when the original text is less than 16 characters).  The truncation doesn't occur if the item text is 9 characters or less.  The concatenation of the next item to the current item likewise doesn't occur if the current item is 9 characters or less.

sean.e
      Participant

I wrote to support noting that this problem is not addressed in OS5.5B and added this information:

The TextTrigger has 4 values:

default off

option 1 ON

option 2 ON

option 3 ON

The H8000 displays these values:

default ofoption

option 1 Ooption

option 2 Ooption

option 3 ON

nick:

i) Vsig
      correctly displays a maximum length of 10 chars for this field, but then
      allows you to enter 11.

ii) The H8000 should allow a 10-char value with no terminator, but seems
      to demand a terminator, which is why it runs into the next field.

So far as I can tell, there is no
      indication in VSig that the max length is 10 characters.  VSig displays
      the text properly in the specifier display  The text type Max column is blank. 
      The Min column has length.  It does show that the maximum number of
      strings is 10 (nstrings).

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

In the Vsig specifier display, beside each text line (e.g. text1, text2) you will see the word length (Min column) followed by the number 10 (Max column).  This means that the maximum length of these text values is 10.

But, the bug is that this 10 includes a terminator, so the number of characters is actually 9.

sean.e
      Participant

Weird – my 2.5 version of Vsig has a blank max:

sean.e
      Participant

Just checked 2.4.9.0 and it works properly there.  Not sure why I was using 2.5.0…

sean.e
      Participant

Just tried Get Dbase using 2.4.9 with OS5.5B but it still reports Unknown Field Type – Database is corrupt.

sean.e
      Participant

now I remember – I had 2.5 to test out a Vista compatibility bug.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This looks like a new bug (sorry) – it's on the list. In the meantime, keep using the V5.3 database.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.