TF Editor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TF Editor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      oyarsa
      Participant

Hey, thanks for the Librarian software….very helpful.  Are there any plans on the drawing board for a TF editor? Hmm

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Glad you like the librarian !!

A pure editor is difficult, in that it would have to incorporate a lot of the TF software. Best just use the TF so you can hear what you are doing.

Reckedtrek

I used an editor on a Quadraverb back around 99' or 2000.  It was done by third party shareware through midi. You kept the Q'verb connected as usual for audio, but just had all of the parameters on the computer screen where you could adjust with a mouse or enter in values.  As soon as the value was changed, it was changed on the unit itself and you could hear the end result. You could also type in the preset name and the Q'verb displayed it.

Two thoughts.

1- With the Factor pedals, it's a million times easier editing the effects than it ever was on the Q'verb, as you had parameter and value up/down keys to work with. So the editor was much more necessary for any extensive editing.

2-Having an editor would be a great addition to the factor line. Since the Factors are midi capable, maybe you the functionality is already in the pedal, it's just a question of creating a similar midi editor like the ol' Q'verb had. Just a thought.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We could add a MIDI knob driver to the librarian, if that would float the boats.

oyarsa
      Participant

I use the TF with a Nord Lead synthesizer, so I am pretty much used to twisting knobs and pushing buttons….in that regard the TF is fine without an editor as it is really just an extension of the synth itself.

An editor would, of course, give a nice graphical view of all the settings on one screen as well as provide a nicer method of saving new patches (presets).

I like the way Eventide is really on top of their product and working with everyone to improve their stuff…..very cool…..most companies (especially keyboard makers) are in a big hurry to make the next new thing to sell to you without ever encouraging customers to explore the capabilities of what they already have……Just a thought!  Beer

BKK-OZ
      Participant

A MIDI-based editor would be just fine.  I created a custom console in Digital Performer that works in exactly this way – having a proper editor would be much better.  Even better would be to have an editor as an AU/VST plug, like some of my other effects hardware – that way, we could use our DAWs to record automation of parameters, patches, etc.

This would be a VERY good move for Eventide – DAW users looking for some cost-effective and controllable effects units would become a whole new market for you.

kdavies

That would be fantastic,. I have my TF racked, it's a pain to have to always remove it to setup up sounds. A nice midi control would make life so much easier.Big Smile

jbwest

The approach I think Eventide and other companies like TC-Helicon should take for their stomp boxes is to code the editor and librarian as a VST and AU plug-in for DAWS. There are also some standalone engines that can also host VSTs and AUs. With this approach you get the best of a graphical interface and midi learn for midi controllers. The best way to exploit the power of these devices is to make the discovery and management processes easier. To this extent we already have presets, a manual, and tutorial manuals. But if companies really want to ensure that their technologies are used to their fullest, they need to take it up a notch and make that connection between the USB port and the computer to the next level.

kdavies

Although a VST plugin would be nice, not everyone has a DAW. A simple addition to the editor to be able to modify the parameters on the fly via MIDI/USB would be a great start.

jbwest

Because not everyone uses a DAW, they make standalone VST and AU engines for using these kinds of things.

BKK-OZ
      Participant

Yes, yes, and yes!!!!

For those without a DAW, it would be easy to compile a stand-alone version.

Please Eventide, pls.

BTW, there was another couple of threads here that have said the same thing – your customers really do want a simple editor.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.