TF switches programming

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TF switches programming

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      AlexK

Is there a way to program the 3 switches on the TF to something other than the default, similar to how you can assign the AUX switches different modes?  I've read through the manual a bunch of times and it doesn't look like you can, but it should be easy enough. 

What I'd like to do is have the left and center switches as preset 1 and preset 2 and then have the right switch as tap tempo (in play mode).  I'd leave bank mode the same.  Right now I just don't have much use for the inifinte repeat.

If it's not  an option now, could it be done in a future update?

Crysstalized
      Participant

edit: why isn't the rest of my post showing up? There is much more I can see on edit, but not showing. ________________

You can program any of the switches to do anything by two different methods.

Enter system menu: hold Encoder and Right footswitch simultaneously
      Turn Encoder right one notch to read "AUX SW" then press encoder to select

screen shows:

BYP

AlexK

Isn't that just to program the AUX switches?  What I'd like to do is reprogram the existing 3 switches on the TF…can that be done as you mentioned?  I don't have room on my pedalboard for aux switches. 

Crysstalized
      Participant

Did you get my email with the whole post? It is to program both the TF footswitches and external.

AlexK

Weird, I didn't get anymore in the email than there was in the forum.  I'll go through the system menus again when I get a chance and try to figure it out.

Thanks!

AlexK

Chris, I looked through the AUX switches menu in system mode and still couldn't quite figure it out.  I do see the destinations FS1, FS2, and FS3 after the knobs in the menu, but I'm not sure how to program them how I want.  If you're still having problems with the forum, could you email me your original post directly?  a_kurylak AT hotmail DOT com.

Thanks a lot!

achaput

Currently there is no way to reprogram TimeFactor's onboard switches. They operate in 2 main modes- Bank Mode and Play Mode, (Looper is a third mode but is a part of Play Mode.)

Perhaps in a future release we could add a programming option for the onboard footswitches if enough people ask for it. 

The FS1, FS2, and FS3 settings will make the Aux footswitches always operate in the opposite mode from the onboard footswitches. For example, if you set the T+R Aux switch to FS3, then the Tip+Ring Aux switch will do Bank Up when TimeFactor is in Play Mode, and Tap Tempo when TimeFactor is in Bank Mode.   

AlexK

Thanks.  I think another cool option would be to allow the repeat footswitch function to be either latching or non-latching.  As it is now, it's not very usable to me.  If it were allowed to be non-latching, you could use it similar to a sustain pedal to quickly enable and disable the infinite repeating.

Thanks again,

Alex 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.