TF-With Catch up on, parameter control knob min/max values assignments don’t work

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TF-With Catch up on, parameter control knob min/max values assignments don’t work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      EdDrake
      Participant

I don't know if this is a bug that I've found but I finally got a 3 button TRS footswitch to access more things in my TImeFactor. I plan to leave the TF in Bank Mode and with the 3 extra switches access Tap tempo, Bank down and have the 3rd switch access Knob 0 which is Wet/Dry mix and have a minimum value of 15 or so and the max value set around 30-35. This is really cool and works great with catch up turned off  but when I turn on the catch up feature this AUX SW no longer works. At this point if I manually reset the min and max values it will work again but when I power down it doesn't stick. If I turn off catch up my wet/dry mix works again and sticks with power cycle. I do like to have catch up on because I can move my expression pedal and not have some drastic change in the sound until the pedal value catches up but I would still like to directly access those wet/dry parameters with my Aux Switch assigned to Knob 0.

Should it work this way?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's doing what it is supposed to. The AUX switch in effect controls the knobs, so if the catchup is preventing the knob from changing the value, the same will apply to the AUX switch.

EdDrake
      Participant

nickrose:

It's doing what it is supposed to. The AUX switch in effect controls the knobs, so if the catchup is preventing the knob from changing the value, the same will apply to the AUX switch.

Gotcha, that makes sense. So if I want to turn Catch Up on the work around is to manually tweak the wet/dry mix knob to catch it up and then the Aux Switch works perfectly. If I forget to do this I'll get reminded when the switch doesn't work.

Thanks!

Ed

madmac
      Participant

Maybe you could either use an expression pedal to do what you need instead or

May be try using a 25k Ohm pot, a latching foot switch wired to an audio jack in a small enclosure.  Plug the output of the new box into the expression pedal input on the TF.   switch the foot switch to change your wet dry mix to the pre adjusted amount of the pot.  If you don't want to change the pot you could just cut the shaft off really short and don't put a knob on it.

Have fun.  I have tried a simple momentary foot switch in the exp jack to change from 0 – 100 just for fun – works well.

EdDrake
      Participant

As a follow up to my own post it looks like I'll have to turn off Catch up after all because if it's on I have to manually catch up the knob every time I switch to a new preset. I assumed since I have Global Mix turned on that once I caught the knob up it would stay this way even when I switch to a different preset but it doesn't. If Catch up is off my Aux Switch set to control Knob 0 works perfectly every time no need to tweak the knob.

Is there any way to add this to a future update? Where Catch Up can be turned on but an Aux Switch Parameter Control Knob assignment can over ride this?

EdDrake
      Participant

Yes this does work but I'm already using an expression pedal in that jack. For some presets I have the wet/dry mix assigned to the expression pedal but with other presets the pedal is controlling other parameters and I don't want to give that up. I want to use the Aux Switch to have a global way to quickly access the wet/dry mix without having to bend down on a gig to change it.

I like to have Global Mix turned on and I've noticed sometimes if I control the wet/dry mix with the expression pedal and happen to leave the wet/dry mix on zero or 100% when I switch to a different preset there is either no effect sound or way too much until I change the wet/dry mix knob. If I happen to have the wet/dry mix assigned to the expression pedal for this preset I can change it with the pedal but if delay feedback is assigned to the expression pedal instead not wet/dry mix then the only way I can change this mix is to manually turn the wet/dry knob or use my Aux Switch.

Am I making sense?

EdDrake
      Participant

Oooops I meant to quote madmac in my very last post as my reply was a response directed to him. Sorry for any confusion!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.