The #102 Dual Shift Algorithm in H3000 Factory native

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins The #102 Dual Shift Algorithm in H3000 Factory native

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      teacue
      Participant

Does H3000 Factory Native contains all the parameters of the H3000 Hardware Algorithm #102 Dual Shift?

I am slowly and enthusiastically learning how to program the H3000 Factory Plugin smiley

For this purpose I had a look to the Eventide H3000 Programming Worksheets that one can find on your old site.

In these Workseets I founded the parameters for the algorithm #102, Dual Shift:

Left Pitch

Left Delay

Left Feedback

Left Mix

Right Pitch

Right Delay

Right Feedback

Right Mix

And the Expert Parameters:

Low Note

High Note

Source

Seing that you could reproduce the preset #102 Dual Shift in the Plugin,

can I consider that the parameters Left Pitch, Left Delay, Left Feedback and Left Mix from the the Dual Shift algorithm are similar to:

Pitch Shift 1, Delay 1, Delay 1 Feedback and Mixer 1 in the Plugin?

(Then the same for right)

And that the expert parameters Low Note, High Note are similar to:

Pitch Shift Parameters: Low Note, High Note in the plugin?

If yes, it would mean that all the H3000 original presets based on this algorithm (to my knowledge there are twenty presets) can be reproduced in the plugin.

Would you then consider to provide the Data Sheets of these original  presets?

In my learning process I would gladly reproduce/transcribe these presets manually.

Best regards

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi teacue-

Yes, the modules you mention in the plug-in do correspond to the parameters in the H3000 hardware algorithm, though we can't guarantee it will sound exactly the same (I believe it should be close). You should be able to therefore recreate the presets based on that algorithm. I will have to check if we have records of the original preset parameter values from the H3000, since that's a bit of an archaeological task.

Best,

Tom 

teacue
      Participant

Thanks for your answer!

These are great news smiley

It would be really great if you indeed could provide the data sheets.

“Archaeological task”

Yes but isn’t the H3000 a dinosaur?

Now forgive me but your answer leads me to another question.

Further studying the Programming Worksheets I noticed that the algorithm “Reverse Shift” and “Layered Shift” have also modules that are all contained also in the plugin.

I also noticed that you could also reproduce presets from the algorithm “Layered Shift” (#231 Micropitchshift, #325 Magic)

and from the algorithm “Multi Shift” (#521 Micropitch Slap).

May I then assume that these three further algorithm could be reproduced with the modules included in the plugin?

If yes, may I again ask if you could extend your acheological search to the Data Sheets for these algorithms too? wink

Best regards

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Teacue,

You ask some good questions, and the answer is, I don't know off hand which algorithms and presets you should be able to recreate, but you are correct that the Dual Shift algorithm seems possible, which means presets based on it should be too.  It sounds like you have the manual, so by following those structures you may be able to do some other algorithms as well. As Tom mentioned it's a bit of a dig to find out the preset values, so I won't be able to dig into this immediately.  However, I'm going to try to see if we can't spend some time on it at some point, because it is an interesting question, and I'm happy to help if I can.

Dan

It sounds like you have the H3000 Manual, and you are right

medway
      Participant
      teacue wrote:

Does H3000 Factory Native contains all the parameters of the H3000 Hardware Algorithm #102 Dual Shift?

I am slowly and enthusiastically learning how to program the H3000 Factory Plugin smiley

For this purpose I had a look to the Eventide H3000 Programming Worksheets that one can find on your old site.

In these Workseets I founded the parameters for the algorithm #102, Dual Shift:

Left Pitch

Left Delay

Left Feedback

Left Mix

Right Pitch

Right Delay

Right Feedback

Right Mix

And the Expert Parameters:

Low Note

High Note

Source

Seing that you could reproduce the preset #102 Dual Shift in the Plugin,

can I consider that the parameters Left Pitch, Left Delay, Left Feedback and Left Mix from the the Dual Shift algorithm are similar to:

Pitch Shift 1, Delay 1, Delay 1 Feedback and Mixer 1 in the Plugin?

(Then the same for right)

And that the expert parameters Low Note, High Note are similar to:

Pitch Shift Parameters: Low Note, High Note in the plugin?

If yes, it would mean that all the H3000 original presets based on this algorithm (to my knowledge there are twenty presets) can be reproduced in the plugin.

Would you then consider to provide the Data Sheets of these original  presets?

In my learning process I would gladly reproduce/transcribe these presets manually.

Best regards

Intersting question. I’ll try re-creating one of the H3000 Dual shit algo presets and compare the sound 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.