the “Info” is missing from some modules

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development the “Info” is missing from some modules

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      NikosGuitar

Hello,

i was looking the modules and i noticed that some modules don’t have an “Info”.

for example, when i press the “module info” of the SKMONITOR” i take a message that there is no help available on this module…

the same i noticed for a module that looks very interesting and i would love to ask you an info on this…

the module is under the  DELAY group and it’s name is “MULTIDELAY”.

I would love to add that it will be very helpful for us the users if for each module it will be an example of the usage of each specific module from the factory presets… 

like, in the “Module Info” of each module to be a name from the factory presets to show us how you use the modules that a user may don’t know or understand.

Thank you in advance!  

NikosGuitar

since English is not my main language, i am afraid i was not clear on what i was trying to mention…

On some modules like the “MULTIDELAY” module, when i press the info in order to read the description of the module i got an error message that is mentioning that there is no info available for this module.

The same is true for other modules too.

I hope you will provide us info on those modules for us the Vsig users…

Thank you!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Some modules do not have an info section – this may be for various reasons:

1) The module is for Eventide use only.

2) The module is viewed as too difficult for us to encourage its use.

3) It's an experimental module that is subject to change.

4) It fell through the cracks.

Note that the Introduction to the Modules help section says: "Any modules that are not described in this manual should not be used and may well change or disappear without notice."

bpamier
      Participant

One of the most interesting things about the Multidelay module is it’s Glide Smooth parameter, which seems to be the key to really interesting modulations. You can use this parameter to smooth out the glide from one delay time to another, alowing you to really fine tune the pitch bends.

For this reason, Multidelay modules are my choice for creating interesting things like randomized plex reverbs. You can use some math to send various delay times into a multidelay + an array of those can be sent into a plex with each delay line modulating at different speeds and “depths” (delay time changes).

The attached screenshot features 8 multidelays into an 8 input/out plex module. Each multidelay is conencted to a c_random module, which sets the delay range. Each multidelay also has it’s own change rate, so shorter delays can change quickly and longer delays can change slower (or vice versa). This adds very interesting color to each individual delay in the feedback network.

That’s all mixed up and sent to a pair of hi-cut filters to trim off that top end if you choose to.There’s also pre-delay and an input trimmer. I find the input trimmer necessary to control the amount of energy that’s sent into the plex.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.