The Wall video clip.. presets??

Home Forums Products Stompboxes The Wall video clip.. presets??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Arvee72
      Participant

Thank you Eventide for a great video interview with 

Dave Kilminster Lead Guitarist for Roger Waters The Wall Live

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpIs0KnpEtQ:550:0%5D

Any chance the folks at Eventide can get a hold of Dave's patch settings??

timothyhill

Awesome!!

JNPMusic

Yeah! His settings would be gladly appreciated…

That sounded great!

wannabetheedge
      Participant

What´s the video link?

zikamuricpe

Saw this show just yesterday in Zagreb, Croatia. It was amazing, and Mr. Kilminster's sound was awesome. It crossed my mind that I recognise a Time Factor in the chain, and here is a confirmation Smile

TimeFactor is really a great device. Glad to have it.

timothyhill

You're lucky…. I would love to see that show again!! I'd been thinking the same as you, that I recognized some Eventide processing when I saw them last year in St. Louis, and come to find out, sure enough, it was a TF.

I'd still love to know what his exact settings were/are, but I've been able to get really close with the TapeEcho or VintageDelay. I think he's using DigitalDelay or ModDelay, though…

http://eventide.com/Home/Eventide/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/DaveKilminsterVideo.aspx

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Love hearing that Eventide "Flavour" in things…it is very distinctive ..not in a good way, but a great way!

Would be interested in seeing this tour, more of a Gilmour man myself than a Waters Man…personally.

Saw Pink Floyd on their last tour and was hoping that they would put the spat behind them after Live8….sadly with Richard Wright passing, it will never be the same again.

oh well, still looks a killer show though

timothyhill

I agree, I'm more of a Gilmour fan, too. Dave Kilminster did a GREAT job, though, so I have no complaints. The show itself was simply amazing… I've never seen anything like it and probably never will again. In the Eventide video, when Dave Kilminster says it's part rock concert, part Broadway production, and part IMAX theater, he pretty much nailed it.

I've heard rumors that David Gilmour will be joining the tour for one night and playing only on Comfortably Numb sometime this spring before the tour ends. I have no idea if that's true. I've also heard that they're going to film the 4 or 5 nights they're in London. In any case, if Gilmour shows up, even for just one song, that just might be the show of a lifetime.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

yeah I heard that Glimour was going to do on song, but it all went quiet…assumed I missed it or it didn't happen….although I thought it was supposed to happen in the US last year.

Tempted to try and get tickets to one of the London shows next month ….. hmmmmm… although it is a PITA to get to the venue….Tickets are really expensive and then the agro of getting there and back.

Now, can I swing a business meeting in London that night????/ hmmmm….

timothyhill

Badmelonfarmer, yeah, I haven't heard too much about the show with Gilmour recently, either. If I had to guess, if it does happen, it'll be during those London shows, since those are the ones they're "officially" recording and filming.

If you have a chance to go, I would highly recommend it. The ticket prices do seem a little high at first, but after seeing the show, I understand why. Absolutely huge PA including 5 full arrays for full surround (hearing the helicopter flying over during Happiest Days of Our Lives was astounding) and 5 video projectors on a 40' x 185' screen made by the bricks assembled during the first half across the entire width of the building. When the whole thing explodes at the end… I counted 17 semi-trucks, but there may have been more. Waters doesn't appear to have spared any expense to ensure that everything was perfect and it was. I've seen hundreds of arena shows over the past 25 years and this was by far the biggest and the best, at least in my opinion.

zikamuricpe

Here is a recent interview of Roger Waters where he tells the funny story about how he made a deal with David Gilmour to appear on one of The Wall shows.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/Pink-Floyd/8738/Interview.html

I'm mostly the original Pink Floyd fan and I really believe that together they were way better than separated. Fortunatelly both Gilmour and Waters still do their shows which are absolutely great, so we can enjoy the music of Pink Floyd even if the band no longer exists… And yes, The Wall is the great show. Not only production-wise, but music-wise equally. And I have to say that credit for that goes to Mr. Dave Kilminster.

timothyhill

Zikamuricpe, I agree completely. I think the credit music-wise goes to everyone in the band (G.E. Smith, etc.), although I think Dave Kilminster arguably may have the biggest shoes to fill. He does an excellent job, though, they all do, in both sound and spirit.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Totally agree, an honour to be asked, but MAN must be scary!

timothyhill

No doubt! From the very few interviews I've seen of Dave Kilminster, he seems very down-to-earth, like he's genuinely honored to be chosen and humble about the whole experience. He's obviously got the chops, too. Definitely a class act.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Totally agree

achaput

He is an extremely nice and humble guy. And he is a monster player. Truly a role model for all of us guitar players!

timothyhill

Since a few of us had been talking about the possibility of Gilmour joining Waters for one night on The Wall tour…. looks like it happened last night. That must've been incredible!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/pink-floyd-reunite-at-roger-waters-show-in-london-20110512

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

MAN!!!Crying

Wish I was there

(Sorry for the BAD floyd joke)

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.