Things We Love About Our Eventides

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Things We Love About Our Eventides

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      batflash

We're always complaining and requesting new features. I think we should all give the Eventide guys a pat on the back and tell em what we LOVE about our Factors. I've got a TimeFactor and a ModFactor. I love em both, been using mine for a couple of years now. 

I'll start:

With the right tweaking, you can do more with these pedals AND sound as good as any other pedal.

I love the size of the unit. It's a nice tight footprint.

I love the Undulator for it's spooky ambient effect. 

The ModFilter is awesomely quirky and cool. I love the way it sputters out phrases.

The TimeFactor's get me covered on almost any delay sound. I love the ADA style delay filter. It chimes in on those Radiohead-esque sounds so perfectly.

The TONE of the TimeFactor CAN NOT BE BEAT. Listen to other digital delays and hear your tone fade away as you increase that wetness. Line 6 Echo Park? HA!

That's all for now!

Thanks Eventide! Can't wait for the much anticipated V3!

-Bats

sic
      Participant

i love how i could just play around with them anytime.

laskyman

I love the way they light up the board, I love the way they "enhance" your tone- not "take-over"…I have several chorus settings that some chorus-hating friends cannot deny the beauty of…I also love the fact that when Eventide gets out the updates, it will be like having a new pedal all over again, only more powerful….

machin3god
      Participant

The Timefactor sounds amazing. After I tried it at a guitar store I couldn't get that clean sparkly delay out of my head. As I went home, I began thinking about those lush modulations enveloping the echoing sounds coming out of that amp at the store. I tried Line 6 M9 – meh, junk. Not even close. Much cheaper but dull sounding.

The next day the guitar gods smiled on me. One of the sales guys from the guitar store calls me up. I I bought a Marshall JVM 210 Combo from him 3 weeks earlier. Marshall just dropped the price on their amps. The sales guy is putting $350 back onto my credit card.

There was only one way that money was being spent. I went back the next day and bought the Timefactor. I also tried Empress Superdelay but didn't like it as much.

That was a few months ago, I still love it and I am still amazed at the beautiful sounds coming out of that box. All those poor people out there trying to squeeze out a decent delay out of their Multi-FX boxes. Eventide got it right. It ain't cheap, but you know where the money went.

I also got a Modfactor a week ago. Another amazing sounding box. You can't resist but to go into Van Halen mode with the Flanger and the Phaser. I am still figuring it all out. I lose hours just tweaking and playing.

I got this crazy sound by combining the undulator and band delay. It's swooshy and haunting at the same time. Trippy as hell. Just turn off the lights..

Thanks Eventide for putting so much time and effort into these boxes. Thank you for providing continuous support and updates to an existing product. That is one of the reasons why I felt confident buying the Timefactor and Modfactor.

Anyways, I am having so much fun finding really cool new sounds. Maybe I'll get a Pitchfactor for Christmas.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

For me, it is the quality of the sound….

…when I first heard the TimeFactor, I just KNEW…

It was HiFi and in a good way… like the first time you heard a really good HiFi unit when all you had previously heard was a cheap stereo. You hear and feel all the detail and space.

I find the TimeFactor became part of musical instrument as I found and still find myself writing songs around the TimeFactor in as much as I write around the guitar. I just find it so inspiring.

I love the fact it is built like a tank!

I love the way that the updates keep improving on a great platform and Eventide take the feedback an actually listen.

If you could not tell by now, I really like the TimeFactor! 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.