third H9, big volume drop

Home Forums Products Stompboxes third H9, big volume drop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jan Geerts

Hello,

it’s obvious I love the H9, since I just got a third one.  When it’s in the chain however, there’s a huge volume drop.  

What can I do about it, please?

best

Jan

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Need a bit more information – it's not obvious how you are set up. Since this is not normally an issue, it it presumably a factor of how your units are connected and configured.

A question – you say you have 3 H9's – is this problem common to all of them or just one ? If you re-order them, does it change things ?

Jan Geerts

No problem with the other two.  With the new one first in the chain of 3, there is the drop.  I will swap them tomorrow.  Also,  it’s b stock and already registered.  I have mailed support to deregister it, so I can edit it with the ipad.  Maybe that will shed some light.

Could too many buffers be what’s causing this?

There are some drive pedals in front of it.

Tx

Jan

Jan Geerts

So I swopped.   This unit is responsible for the drop.  Now I’ve got it connected I could check the input meter, and it’s low.  I raised the level to max, still a volume drop, the meters don’t even go into orange.  Any suggestions?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I would suggest that you fully re-initialize the unit as described in the UM. If the problem continues, support@eventide.com

Jan Geerts

still the same problem, I’ll contact support.

roverdog
      Participant

I have the same problem, running between an ADA MP-1 and an ENGL 820 power amp.  No drop in volume when used in front of the preamp.

Trying to use the stereo capabilities of the H9 live.

Thanks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.