Thoughts on controlling more than one Factor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Thoughts on controlling more than one Factor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      larrym
      Participant

Hi Guys,

Here is a thought that I brought up with Dan back at NAMM.

I have all three Factor pedals and sometimes I use a small midi controller with them to get to specific presets on all the units.

But sometimes when I travel with the units it would be great to not have to bring another pedal.

It would be great if you have them all connected via midi and where able to say program the bank button on the Pitch factor to go up in banks and say the the bank but on the Time factor to down in banks. Or any combination of either of the factors.

Again you can do this with an external pedal I believe by programing midi transmit messages but It would be nice without any outside pedals.

Just a thought.

Thanks for reading

Larry

grovest

Well you can sort of already do this right? Just set all the Factors to to map patch x to program x, patch y to program y, and you
      can call up x:y on all Factors from just one

larrym
      Participant

Let me try to explain again.

Only using the Factors, no external pedals.

If your on patch 7:2 and want to go to 2:1 right now I believe that you have to go up through all of your banks to get to 2:1 again.

I use all my banks availible on my factors and now with the Pitchfactor giving you 100 presets that a lot of banks to go through. Not an issue with a midi controller pedal or even the other 3 button pedal but sometimes I fly with just the factors and an overdrive/distortion. No midi pedal no 3 button jobby. 🙂

So what I am proposing is to be able to program one of the factor pedals bank button to go down instead of up. If you can go up in banks on say the Timefactor and then down in banks on say the pitchfactor then that would get you instant access to any preset.

It's just a thought.

Thanks for reading
      Larry

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The next release of 'Factor software will allow you to use the encoder knob to change banks, in either direction.

larrym
      Participant

Thanks Nick,

Good to hear.

Larry

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.