Time factor and no efx loop…

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time factor and no efx loop…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      pakkralj

Hi to everybody, I'm new here. I recently sold my old memory man (only one of them, he he 😉 and bought the Time factor because have to play in a cover band and need badly the presets for different songs / styles. The TF sounds good enough in line at the end of the chain before going into the amp but I discovered that it has some real magic in the loop. Well, that's the point, I don't have a proper effects loop:

Guitar > tuner > MXRdynacomp > lovepedal ethernity overdrive > Fulltone OCD > MXRPhase90 > Dunlop stereo Tremolo > EGNATER tol IE4 PREAMP  >  EVENTIDE TIME FACTOR > MESA BOOGIE 50/50 POWER AMP > MARSHALL 4X12" in stereo.

My question is : since the egnater preamp doesn't have an effects loop can I run out from it into the Time factor (in stereo)  set up on LINE level and then into the mesa boogie power amp without having to call the fireman or  injure some of them?

Great pedal, the time factor, not quite good sounding as the memory man but hey! we all know digital is crap and still we all need it and use it coz is practical (just like the digital cameras 🙂 Still waiting for the proper version 3 software and utility!! All the best.

timothyhill

Yep, that's a valid setup. I'd think that you're correct about using line level, too, but that's not always the case, so try both. If it doesn't clip on GTR/AMP, then use that… you'll have a hotter signal into the TF and less noise. If it does clip, though, line level is the way to go.

Just FYI, line level is not more noisy or less quiet than guitar-level. However, feeding a guitar-level signal into a line-level device can introduce more noise. The idea is to use the proper level for your signal, which is generally as hot as you can get it without clipping.

pakkralj

Great Tim. I tried and in fact it does sounds better.  Thanks a lot for your help 🙂

timothyhill

Glad that I could be of assistance! Hope you enjoy your TF, too! I've got an EH Deluxe Memory Man, too; it's my favorite analog delay, so I know what you mean. The TF comes really close, though, and it's been my main delay for all but critical studio work where only the DMM will do, sometimes even then. The TF V3 update was a big improvement. I'm looking forward to the final V3 release, too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.