Time Factor Bypass/Activate with Musicom Lab Preset Help

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time Factor Bypass/Activate with Musicom Lab Preset Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Immersed

Hi, I’m in need of help putting my Time Factor in Bypass when switching presets on my Musicom Lab EFX LE midi loop switcher. I can get the Time Factor to activate when I hit preset 4 of the Musicom but when I go to presets 1-3 it stays active and I need it to be bypassed. I am using midi channel 5 and CC5 to activate the TF thru midi. How do I bypass it for the the other presets? Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant
      Immersed wrote:
      Hi, I’m in need of help putting my Time Factor in Bypass when switching presets on my Musicom Lab EFX LE midi loop switcher. I can get the Time Factor to activate when I hit preset 4 of the Musicom but when I go to presets 1-3 it stays active and I need it to be bypassed. I am using midi channel 5 and CC5 to activate the TF thru midi. How do I bypass it for the the other presets? Thanks!

Ok, how are you going to presets 1 – 3?  Are you using MIDI program change messages?  If so, if you save a preset as bypassed, it will load bypassed.

Immersed
        gkellum wrote:
        Immersed wrote:

Ok, how are you going to presets 1 – 3?  Are you using MIDI program change messages?  If so, if you save a preset as bypassed, it will load bypassed.

I am using presets 1-4 as program changes. 1-4 also switches the channels on my Diezel VH4. How do I save them as bypassed?

gkellum
        Participant

Just bypass the preset and save it.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Mr. K means that if you save the preset when the pedal is Bypassed (not Active, left red light off), it will load Bypassed from a MIDI Program Change.

Immersed
        nickrose wrote:

Mr. K means that if you save the preset when the pedal is Bypassed (not Active, left red light off), it will load Bypassed from a MIDI Program Change.

I just tried that and now it stays bypassed for preset 4 which I need active.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Immersed wrote:
        nickrose wrote:

I think we have a misunderstanding here.

If the preset is bypassed when you save it, it will load bypassed (from MIDI)

If it is active, it will load active.

Not much more I can say.

Except that – if it loads bypassed, you saved it bypassed. Make it active, then save it again.

Immersed
        nickrose wrote:
        Immersed wrote:
        nickrose wrote:

I think we have a misunderstanding here.

If the preset is bypassed when you save it, it will load bypassed (from MIDI)

If it is active, it will load active.

Not much more I can say.

Except that – if it loads bypassed, you saved it bypassed. Make it active, then save it again.

Maybe it has to do with the Musicom Lab then. I don’t know, I’m lost. If I bypass the pedal manually and then hit my 1-3 presets on the Musicom it stays off, if I hit preset 4 on the Musicom it’s active, if I got back to the other presets 1-3 on the Musicom it stays active. I fee like I need a control change # to bypass the time factor and save it to my presets on the Musicom.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think I have it. Some pedalboards send a bank select or other CC as well as a program change. This may be something that The TF is responding to.

Look at the MIDI controls for bypass on the TF and disable them, or study the EFX manual and see if there is such a thing which you can disable.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.